Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

[AT Community Q&A Coffee Break] 5/27: Shannon Hamilton, Senior Adobe Target Product Manager

Administrator

Join us for our next Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break

taking place Wednesday, May 27th @ 10am PDT

--> REGISTER NOW <-- 

We'll be joined by Shannon Hamilton aka @ShannonHamiltonPM, Senior Adobe Target Product Manager, who will be signed in here to the Adobe Target Community to chat directly with you on this thread about your Adobe Target questions pertaining to her areas of expertise:

• Adobe Target user interface,
  • A/B Testing and Experience Targeting (XT)
  • Offers libraries, Activity lists, Audiences libraries
  • Integrations: i.e. Adobe Analytics (A4T), Adobe Experience Manager Experience Fragments, Audience Manager audiences, and Adobe Experience Platform integrations

Want us to send you a calendar invitation so you don’t forget? Register now to receive a reminder!

A NOTE FROM NEXT WEEK'S COMMUNITY Q&A COFFEE BREAK EXPERT, SHANNON HAMILTON 

REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE 

• Must be signed in to the Community during the 1-hour period
  • Must post a Question about Adobe Target
  • THAT'S IT!

*(think of this as the Adobe Target Community equivalent of an AMA, (“Ask Me Anything”), and bring your best speed-typing game)

INSTRUCTIONS 

• Click the blue “Reply” button at the bottom right corner of this post
  • Begin your Question with @ShannonHamiltonPM
  • When exchanging messages with Shannon about your specific question, be sure to use the editor’s "QUOTE" button, which will indicate which post you're replying to, and will help contain your conversation with Shannon

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 8.32.01 AM.png

AveryWongPhotography_1705.jpgShannon supports the end-to-end marketer UI, as well as Target’s authoring APIs and cross Adobe Experience Cloud integrations. Her mandate includes developing Target's integration with AEP's Unified Profile. Previously, she was responsible for the machine learning / AI capabilities within Target, including ML-based personalization and ML-enhanced testing. Shannon holds an MBA from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University, where she specialized in data science and marketing.

Curious about what an Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break looks like? Check out the thread from our first break with Kimen Warner, Director of Adobe Target Product Manage...

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

63 Replies

Level 3

Hi. Are there plans to enhance the information available through the Target API? For example, I'd really like to know which audience is used in which activity but it's not possible to do that through the API.

Employee

@jonathanl557422 wrote:

Hi. Are there plans to enhance the information available through the Target API? For example, I'd really like to know which audience is used in which activity but it's not possible to do that through the API.

Hi Jonathan,

We don't have any specific roadmap items for "admin" APIs (those that are about creating activities instead of delivering them to a page) in the next few months. However, I highly recommend you post in the "ideas" section of the community around the features you would like to see. I review the community on a regular basis along with @Amelia_Waliany to help inform our roadmap. Those items with more votes/ interest are more likely to be considered. 

You can see the information you are asking for in the UI today as an alternative. 

Community Advisor

@jonathanl557422 it is not fun, but what you are asking is achievable with the Target API + a db + an express server. You can fetch a list of all the activated activities, then fetch the individual details of each activity and store the meta data necessary into your db. Audience id is one of the fields inside the activity single view. You can then use that id to step into the audience api to get the name/rules. There are a bunch of gotchas though, one of them being that audiences created within the Target activity (not from the Audiences tab) are finicky. They have really weird names and I normally view those as throw-away and ask for folks to always use the Audiences tab.

Level 2

@ShannonHamiltonPM

Hi, Shannon, I have  a question regarding the pre-hiding code snippet which is required when deploying Target via Launch.  We had to remove the code snippet as it was causing a 3 second lag in page loads.  Have you ever come across this issue?  If so, how was it resolved?

Thank you very much,

Alex

Level 1

Hello

More insights for AEM 6.5 + Target Integration. Been facing many roadblocks trying the same. 

Level 3

There is a great new App for Adobe Analytics. What about Target?

Employee

No plans for a mobile app for Adobe Target @Nicolas_Swisscom but would love to hear your ideas! 

@Nicolas_Swisscom wrote:

There is a great new App for Adobe Analytics. What about Target?

Level 3

Are there any plans to integrate Target with Adobe Stock?

Employee

Hi Nicolas, 

I'm sad we couldn't hang out at Summit this year! We don't have a direct integration today, but that is a great idea. I would suggest posting it on the "ideas" suggestion of the community. 

@Nicolas_Swisscom wrote:

Are there any plans to integrate Target with Adobe Stock?

Level 3

Target optimizes for 1 single goal metric. Any plans to have the posibillity to optimize towards multiple metrics?

Employee

@Nicolas_Swisscom wrote:

Target optimizes for 1 single goal metric. Any plans to have the posibillity to optimize towards multiple metrics?

It is something we are considering for the future. Our upcoming integration with AEP's Data science Workspace also can allow you to create a custom model that you can activate in Auto Target, which may be an interesting option for you to look at. 

Level 3

We are planning to integrate AEM with Adobe Target (lots of issues actually on the integration process). Are there any concerns on how this may impact an A4T integration if one exists already?

Employee

When integrating through Adobe Launch you shouldn't encounter any issues with A4T - though I would encourage you to check with your account team to confirm based on your specific implementation of Experience Manager Sites or speak with an AEM expert!

@jonathanl557422 wrote:

We are planning to integrate AEM with Adobe Target (lots of issues actually on the integration process). Are there any concerns on how this may impact an A4T integration if one exists already?

Employee

As I'm signing off I just wanted to say thank you everybody for showing up and for the great engagement and awesome questions.  I can't wait to do more of these! 

-Jason

Employee

Thank you to everyone for the strong engagement! We'll be back with another coffee break in two weeks with another Target expert, so stay tuned. 

Level 3

Is there a place where all the Adobe Experience Award winners and there cases can be seen in detail?

Level 3

What happened to the Adobe Target CAB?

Level 3

Why is Auto-Target not a standalone activity but part of the A/B workflow?