Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

[AT Community Q&A Coffee Break] ☀️5/13 @ 10AM PDT ☀️with Kimen Warner, Director of Product Management

Administrator

Our first Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break 

is starting in just a few minutes @ 10AM PDT, TODAY, 5/13!

We're being joined by Kimen Warner, aka @kimenw, Director of Product Management for Adobe Target, to take your burning Adobe Target questions and share valuable Target insights.

Requirements to participate (think of this as the Adobe Target Community equivalent of an AMA, (“Ask Me Anything”), and bring your best speed-typing game):

• Must be signed in to the Community during the 1-hour period
        • Must post a Question about Adobe Target
        • THAT'S IT!

INSTRUCTIONS

• Click the blue “Reply” button at the bottom right corner of this post
  • Begin your Question with " @kimenw "
  • When exchanging messages with Kimen about your specific question, be sure to use the editor’s "QUOTE" button, which will indicate which post you're replying to, and will help contain your conversation with Kimen

A note from this week's expert, Kimen Warner AKA @kimenw:

KIMEN_WARNER_3960_headshot.jpg

Kimen Warner is the Director of Product Management for Adobe Target. Kimen started working on the product as a technical consultant before moving to product management. She has been with the product since before it was acquired by Omniture and then Adobe. She lives in San Francisco where she is stuck inside with her husband, 2 year old daughter, and who-knows-how-old cat.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

23 Replies

Administrator

@Girlinprogress7, no need to register for this one!

We may include registration for the following Community Q&A Coffee Breaks, but for this week's chat, simply Sign In here to the Adobe Target Community. Beginning at 10am PST on 5/13, @kimenw will also be Signed In and will be answering your specific Adobe Target questions here in the forum threads. You (and any other Signed In Adobe Target customer) can get a head start by posting a question for Kimen here, below in the comments thread!

Level 2

@kimenw What are the enhancements coming in terms of A4T for Sensei-powered Target capabilities and in Analysis Workspace?

Level 2

@drewb6915421 wrote:

@kimenw What are the enhancements coming in terms of A4T for Sensei-powered Target capabilities and in Analysis Workspace?

Hi there and thanks for being the first question! We are excited that we will release A4T support for Auto-Target and Auto-Allocate in the next couple months! You'll be able to choose Analytics as the reporting source when you set up those activities, and you'll get all the metrics and analysis you're used to with A4T.

Also, Analysis Workspace is releasing a new panel just for A4T! This will support all A4T activities, and let you do your complete A4T analysis, including lift and confidence, in Analysis Workspace for the first time! Watch out for that coming in July. 

Level 2

@kimenw Does Target provide testing and personalization in mobile applications?

Level 2

@drewb6915421 wrote:

@kimenw Does Target provides testing and personalization in mobile applications?

Yes, definitely! We have a mobile app SDK that works for Target and Analytics. With that you can implement Target on your mobile apps and extend your personalization and testing program to yet another channel! You can learn more here: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/target/using/implement-target/mobile-apps/target-mobile-app.h...

Level 2

@drewb6915421 wrote:

Yes, we definitely do! We have a mobile app SDK that lets you do one implementation for Analytics and Target. You can learn more here: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/target/using/implement-target/mobile-apps/target-mobile-app.h... and then start extending your personalization and testing program to one more channel!

Level 2

@drewb6915421 wrote:

Yes, we definitely do! We have a mobile app SDK that lets you do one implementation for Analytics and Target. You can start extending your personalization and testing program to one more channel!

Level 2

@kimenw what are the different ways that custom models/algorithms can be used with Adobe Target for automating personalization driven by specific business needs?

Level 2

@kimenw thank you for your replies Kimen!  One additional question: what would be good first use cases for seeing the impact that Auto-Allocate and Auto-Target can drive?  One other note: I literally just poured a cup of coffee, so this is a true coffee break

Employee

No problem @drewb6915421 !

I’d recommend starting on the homepage. Are there a lot of people who have a voice in what shows up there? This can be a good way to ensure the best content is shown to each person, but it still lets those less popular pieces of content get some airtime and find the right audience!

Employee

>>@kimenw what are the different ways that custom models/algorithms can be used with Adobe Target for automating personalization driven by specific business needs?

Hi again @drewb6915421 !

you can do a couple things. You can upload custom algorithms for Recommendations, where you state explicitly what product or article or other item should be shown to a particular user or with another product/article/item. 

You can also apply business rules on top of Target’s machine learning algorithms to tune them for your purposes. 

Finally, you can use our profile data to share propensity scores and other values to use as an input to our algorithms or to fully determine what experience to show. 

Stay tuned for even more flexibility and power with some updates coming soon in this area. 

Administrator

@kimenw , @SaraTown posted this Question in the Community recently: Hi - Is there a way to pull a list of Target users for my organization and how frequently they use the solution?

Level 2

@Amelia_Waliany wrote:

@kimenw , @SaraTown posted this Question in the Community recently: Hi - Is there a way to pull a list of Target users for my organization and how frequently they use the solution?

@SaraTown you can see the Target users in the Admin Console if you have access to that. Or your administrator can access it. Unfortunately we don't yet have login frequency for you to access. I do think you can download a list of all the users from Admin Console, though.

Administrator

@kimenwarner wrote:

@Amelia_Waliany wrote:

@SaraTown you can see the Target users in the Admin Console if you have access to that. Or your administrator can access it. Unfortunately we don't yet have login frequency for you to access. I do think you can download a list of all the users from Admin Console, though.

Thanks @kimenw!  

Administrator

Hi @kimenw can Adobe Target Recommendations be used for content or collateral suggestions?

Employee

>>Hi @kimenw can Adobe Target Recommendations be used for content or collateral suggestions?

@Amelia_Waliany yes! We often talk about recommendations for products because it’s easy as consumers to think about, but many of our customers use Recommendations for other content like videos, white papers, articles, you name it. 

Administrator

@kimenw , can you share some advice around when I should use Auto-Allocate versus a manual A/B test? 

Employee

>>@kimenw , can you share some advice around when I should use Auto-Allocate versus a manual A/B test? 

@Amelia_Waliany sure. In my opinion, it’s pretty simple. You should always use Auto Allocate unless you:

a) want to do deep math analysis on the A/B test to really understand the losing experience rather than just the winning experience (most people don’t do this level of stats analysis)

b) need to use A4T (but luckily, A4T is coming to auto-allocate next month!)

Auto-allocate delivers a winner faster and spends less traffic on the test than a standard a/b test. It also is easier to analyze, and won’t open you up to the pitfalls of analyzing A/B tests if you don’t follow the statistics properly. 

Check it out!

Administrator

@kimenw What are profile scripts and how are they helpful?