Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!

Are we setting our tests up correctly?

Level 1

Hi, I am new to A/B testing and Target. We have been trying to run a test on the Rate page (3rd page) of our booking funnel of our website. This page is not directly accessible by visitors, they have to make selections, such as date range of stay, location and a specific property to be able to display results on this page. So we are not able to set this test up directly on the rate page, but we also thought it would be better to set this test up by having the experience for this test set on any landing page the guest enters the website so we get a good randomized sample of all our different website visitors. So we set up the URL to be our main web address. The test is an A/B/N test.

As we have run this test the results we are getting is that Conversions are way down (+26%) for both experiences, but ABV is up (+16%). While I understand that this is a possible result. (Less people are converting, but the ones that do spend more) but I want to verify that we have set up our test correctly.

Should we be setting up the test to start on every landing page or should we try to figure out how to set the test on the Rate Page? If we set it up on the Rate page, should we use the Redirect URL or set a flag to trigger the experience? What would be the best practice? Is it possible that bounces are affecting our conversion rate because of the way we have chosen to set up our test? If so, how do we mitigate this?

I appreciate any advice you can provide! Thanks!

2 Replies

Employee

Hi Jennifer,

You can use the browse mode in the VEC to browse to the Rate page and setup the test directly. Once Done you can add a template testing rule span over a certain path in the website rather than splitting the visitors on the landing page itself.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Raag

Administrator

Hi Jennifer, thanks for your question!

You may find the following resources helpful as you work through the approach recommended by Raag and determine the best path for your objectives:

Feel free to reach out here as you work through it - we're happy to help!