Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

Adobe Target VEC error

Level 2

In Chrome, I'm receiving a VEC error when creating an activity saying the page was refused by the server. I'm able to create activities with no issues in Firefox and Edge. See attached screenshot.

target-vec-error.PNG

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

14 Replies

Employee

Hi jasond23496956​,

What version of Chrome are you using? Note that per Supported browsers ​: you will need to use the latest or the latest-1 version of Chrome to create activities.

You could also always email us at clientcare@adobe.com with your account details and the page URL and we can take a look.

Level 2

It looks like the version I have on my machine is 75.0.3770.80 . My browser is managed and updates are disabled by my administrator

Employee

jasond23496956​ Do you mind sharing the url of the page that you are trying to load in the VEC so that we can check if we can reproduce the issue on our end?

Level 2

I'm not able to share anything in regards to that but, this isn't just one specific URL but all published pages from our AEM prod, dev, and stage environments. I feel like this may be a browser issue as I can currently am able to produce tests/activities in Firefox and Microsoft Edge.

Employee Advisor

jasond23496956

I would agree with your assessment since it's only happening in that specific browser probably some security feature/setting.

Mihnea Docea | Technical Support Consultant | Customer Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

Level 2

Is there anything you'd recommend I change in settings? Unfortunately my Chrome browser is managed by my organization so that can make it difficult for certain tasks and updating/changing settings.

Employee

Hi jasond23496956​, sorry to hear that you are still experiencing the issue. Could you shoot us an email at clientcare@adobe.com and we could set up a screenshare to take a look?

Level 2

Were you able you fix this?

I am facing the same issue and it happens intermittently.

Level 1

The best option is to edit your test/activity in Microsoft Edge or Firefox. I could edit until yesterday in Chrome, but it always pops the same error when opened today. I just switched the browser and completed the modifications. 

Employee Advisor

We are also facing the same issue and sometimes when I load any page in VEC it redirects me to adobe experience cloud login page URL (www.mywebsitedomain.experiencecloud.adobe.com/exc-content/login.html) inside VEC with a blank gray screen

1834114_pastedImage_0.png

Level 1

Have the same issue. I checked and I am on the latest version of Chrome.

As of today, I am on Chrome version 

Version 85.0.4183.83 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I can create new Activities in Firefox and Edge.

Level 1

I am getting the same error on Chrome, Edge, and Firefox.

Chrome, Edge, and Firefox are up to date.

Chrome Version 105.0.5195.54 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Microsoft Edge Version 104.0.1293.70 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Firefox Version 104.0.1 (64-bit)

KL22_0-1662050242656.png

Level 1

Hi,
Were you able to resolve this issue? I am also facing the same in all browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge).

Level 1

Hi, @akshayjv24 

We resolved the issue by allowing mixed content to be loaded on the page, allowing http or https to be loaded.

Additionally, sometimes we saw error messages due to time outs that occurred as we were loading content via enhanced experience composer instead of visual experience composer. Both function similarly, but VEC will allow faster load times when using the VEC Helper and some other additional functionalities. Therefore, Adobe IT recommended defaulting to this for now.