Highlighted

[RESOLVED] Facebook Post workarounds

Gigazelle

Employee

15-10-2015

Beginning Tuesday, September 10, 2013 we discovered an issue with publishing Facebook image post in Adobe Social publishing. The issues are the cause of a bug in the Facebook platform. We believe to have a majority of the issues addressed.

Facebook is aware of this bug
The Facebook API team was aware of this issue at 6:45 pm Wednesday, September 10 2013, has identified the problem and a fix is being implemented through their various staging environments. They hope to have the issue resolved as soon as possible.You can follow the Facebook bug for updates here https://developers.facebook.com/bugs/171689496354169?browse=external_tasks_search_results_522ff74e1b...

Adobe Social Engineers have produced a work-around
We have pushed a workaround for the Facebook image-posting bug. All image posts are showing up normally now.

#1 Post failures of all types (not just image posts)
All posts that failed to publish are in a failed post status. To reschedule these posts, select the post from the content calendar, edit the post in the Publisher and reschedule it. If you no longer want this post published, you can delete it from Content Calendar.

#2 Image posts that were successfully placed in albums
This is displayed in Adobe Social as failed posts. However the image will often be visible in the photo album, even though it did not post to the newsfeed in Facebook.
You can edit and re-schedule these posts again in the Content Calendar.

#3 Image post that state “Successfully Posted” in Adobe Social, but did not post to Facebook
This will display as a successful post in Adobe Social. However, the images are not displayed in Facebook at all, in the newsfeed or photo album.
You must re-create these posts if you want them to post again. The posts will not show up as failed in Adobe Social, so they cannot be re-scheduled.
The most effective way to re-create the post is to duplicate it by clicking the Duplicate icon. An exact copy of the post will be created in the Drafts section that you can edit and publish.

Our workaround will remain in place until we are sure Facebook has fixed the image posting bug.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this bug may have caused and are committed to providing you with the best technology and customer service possible. Any thoughts and comments can be made here and we'll make sure your voice is heard.  You can, of course, contact your Social Account Manager directly too.

Replies

Highlighted

FBMasterClass-R

15-10-2015

Thank you for your excellent post! It is very useful to me. Could you access the website below and give me some advices please? 

http://fbmasterclass-review.com/

Thank you very much!

Highlighted

shirley_costa

15-10-2015

Hello friends. My Facebook and my computer are waging continuamente.Aparece the following: a plug-in shockwave can not be loaded. How can I solve this problem permanently?

Highlighted

AllDayDev

Employee

15-10-2015

Hi, Shirley. Since you are having issues with Shockwave Player, I'd highly recommend you post this over on the Shockwave forum: http://forums.adobe.com/community/shockwave

There are community members and other experts there available to help you with this.

Kind regards,

- Carey