Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

your web page says if you had an upgrade to Adobe Pro XI you can install Adobe Livecycle for free. Why can't I install for free?

Level 1

Livecycle can be installed for free if you upgraded to Adobe Pro XI which we did and when we tried to do the Adobe Livecycle free we were told we had to buy it individually despite having upgraded to Adobe Pro XI!  Below is straight out of their site.  How can this be?

Is Adobe Designer included in Acrobat XI Pro? 

Adobe Designer software is now sold separately. Visit the Adobe Designer product page for details. Customers who upgrade to Acrobat XI Pro are also eligible for a free upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Designer.

To the top

Who is eligible for a free Adobe Designer upgrade? 

The following customers are eligible for a free upgrade:

• Customers who had an earlier version license of Acrobat Pro and have purchased an upgrade to Acrobat XI Pro
  • Customers who have active Adobe Maintenance and Support contract or active Upgrade Plan on Oct 1/2012 for their Acrobat Pro product are eligible for an Acrobat XI Pro Upgrade
  • Active Creative Cloud Individual members who have a start date earlier than 10/15/2012
  • Creative Cloud Team Ready customers
  • Customers who upgraded to Technical Communication Suite 4.0.1 license from a previous version
  • Customers who upgraded to eLearning Suite 6.1 license from a previous version

The one time Adobe Designer upgrade is available in English, French, German, or Japanese. Eligible customers can choose which language they want to receive.

How do I claim my Adobe Designer upgrade? 

• See your Adobe Volume Licensing (AVL) account: Acrobat Pro XI upgrade license/ESD and Designer full license and ESD has automatically been uploaded to your AVL account.
  • If you don't see your Acrobat Pro XI and Adobe Designer license or ESD under your AVL account after November 20 2012, contact the customer service in your region. You can contact them via phone or by using the request form link above to request your upgrade.

Creative Cloud Individual: If you are an Active Creative Cloud Individual who purchased your membership earlier than October 15 2012

• To request your free upgrade, contact the customer service in your region via phone.

Creative Cloud Team Ready: See your Adobe Volume Licensing (AVL) account, Designer full license and ESD / Acrobat Pro XI license and ESD  are automatically uploaded to your Adobe Volume Licensing Site (AVL) account.

• If you don't see your Acrobat Pro XI & Designer license or ESD under your AVL account after November 20 2012, contact the customer service in your region via phone to request your upgrade.
0 Replies