Expand my Community achievements bar.

YET ANOTHER QUESTION! Hidden Table Populates When Box is Checked

Level 2

Okay so I've been working on this form and I want to know how I can get a section to populate when the person filling out the form checks a box that says "NO".  I've attached the form.  Basically all those fields on the last page that have the orange headers- I want that to appear whenever someone selects the "NO" box under the "Previous Authorized in HMMS" column.  Please advise for the braindead bozo over here!!!

6 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi there,

I have not looked at your form but if the fields in question where located in a subform you could set the subform's "Presence" property to "hidden".  Then on the Change event of the checkbox you could write code something like  if (this.rawValue == 1) { <name of subform>.presence = "visible" } else { <name of subform>.presence = "hidden"}

Level 2

Hmmm maybe I did it wrong- but I couldn't get that to work??  I also need this subform to be able to appear multiple times.  The check box is in a table that has row that can be added to it.  So each time, in each row, that "NO" is checked- I need this subform to populate.  I'm a  total doofus with the whole JavaScript FYI.

Former Community Member

I'll take a look at your form once I can get access to it.

Former Community Member

It is taking along time for the PDF to become available. If you would like me to look at it sooner you can email it to livecycle8@gmail.com

Former Community Member

I have attached your form with a fourth page added to illustrate what you were looking at accomplishing.  For a portion of it I used subforms (instead of tables) to create the structure necessary. Hope this helps.