Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events

XPDL Support

Level 1

I'm responding to a workflow RFI for the University of Colorado in which one the core technical requirements is:

"Import/Export process definition in XPDL (XML based standard)"

My understanding is that we do not support XPDL, but instead use our own schema for persisting processes.  However, I have also seen indications that we have implemented XPDL in LiveCycle (http://www.xpdl.org/nugen/p/xpdlimplementers/public.htm) and that XPDL is used in LC BAM for process definitions...

"When creating process definitions in the LiveCycle Business Activity Monitoring ES2 Workbench, you can now use XML Process Definition Language (XPDL) files to define your process definitions. You can then use the process definitions to create process maps in the LiveCycle Business Activity Monitoring ES2 Dashboard."

Can anyone comment on the role of XPDL in LC, why we've created our own process schema instead of using XPDL, and add any other details that might assuge the customer's desire to have XPDL process definitions?

1 Reply

Level 10

"My understanding is that we do not support XPDL, but instead use our own schema for persisting processes."

This is correct. At least for processes that are built with LiveCycle Workbench.

"When creating process definitions in the LiveCycle Business ActivityMonitoring ES2 Workbench, you can now use XML Process DefinitionLanguage (XPDL) files to define your process definitions. You can thenuse the process definitions to create process maps in the LiveCycleBusiness Activity Monitoring ES2 Dashboard."

Let's not confuse  LiveCycle Business ActivityMonitoring ES2 Workbench with LiveCycle ES2 Workbench. I'm not familiar with the  LiveCycle Business ActivityMonitoring ES2 Workbench in terms of creating process definition (in fact I've never hear anyone using it for that purpose), but this would  not be the tool you use to build LiveCylce processes.

This devnet article might also be of interest to you http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/articles/bpel4people_overview.html.

Jasmin