Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

XML To Another Format

Former Community Member

Hello Guys,

I'm trying to make a process in Workbench that reads a XML file and export it to another format.

Any suggestion in what kind of services should i use?

Thanks.

Regards.

Mancini.

6 Replies

Level 8

What format are you trying to turn it into?

Former Community Member

You can convert the XML to a string using the XPath function serialize().  There are also ways to convert the XML document to JSON, but that doesn't ship with LiveCycle.  You'll probably have to write a custom component or find someone else's custom code to use.

Other than that, you'll have to be more specific.

Ryan D. Lunka

Cardinal Solutions Group

rlunka@cardinalsolutions.com

Former Community Member

What kind of formats can possible be converted froma a xml format ?

Former Community Member

I think you need to explain what are you wanting to do with XML. There can be several options based on what you are wanting to do.

Please post more details.

regards,

Parth

Former Community Member

Well, i'm trying to create a process, that read a file (xml), and do the conversion of this xml, to another format. The question is what kind of formats can be convertible from a xml. I don't know what kind of conversion can be placed here. After conversion i would like to delivery it in another place in the file system. The main thing here is what kind of formats xml can be convertible.

Regards.

Mancini.

Former Community Member

I understand that. The thing is though, there are different ways to convert XML to different data types. We can't just list out every single thing you can do with XML. If you have something specific you want to do with your XML then we can help you. "Something specific" does not just mean "convert it into something else." We have to have WHAT you are trying to convert it to. Otherwise no one will probably be able to help you.

Please, more details.

Ryan D. Lunka

Cardinal Solutions Group

rlunka@cardinalsolutions.com