Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

XML signature in huge form

Level 2

Hi,

I have an eForm with 400+ fields. I have to apply XML signature on this form. For this, I have written following code on mousedown event of signature field:

var oSigs = xfa.signature.enumerate();

var iNum = oSigs.length;

if(iNum==0){

var oData = xfa.resolveNode("xfa.data.MainForm");

xfa.signature.sign(oData,"xfa.data.signatures", "Employer");

}

else if (iNum==1) {

for (var i=0; i < iNum; i++)

{

var oChild = oSigs.item(i);

xfa.signature.clear(oChild);

}

}

On applying XML signature it is taking too much time. In fact, sometimes I have to kill Adobe Reader process from Task Manager. Is it becuase of enormity of the form? The same scenario is working fine for smaller forms.

3 Replies

Former Community Member

It would appear thatb the size of the form is at least part of the cause of the problem.  Is there a specific requirement to use an XML digital signature?  If you sign the form with a PDF digital signature does the performance improve?

Regards

Steve

Level 2

Yes. XML signature is required in the form.

We have found out that this issue is there only in Adobe Reader 10. When tried on Adobe Reader 9 there was no issue. I have raised a ticket with Adobe Support but haven't got any reply yet. Till then we have downgraded our Adobe Reader to ver 9.

Level 8

Can you give an example of how to add XML Signature to LiveCycle Form?

Is XML Signature different form Digital Signature Field?

Tarek.