Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

XML Schema to generate table data from a repeating subform data

Level 2

Hi All, I would like to have a check box that when checked, will hide a quotation form, and make a purchase order form visible, carrying over some of the field data from the quotation form into a new table on the Purchase order form. I've attached this form at https://workspaces.acrobat.com/?d=pqpsXx5VPi*LkMeVKrX57w if you would like to take a look. When the checkbox is unchecked, it will hid the PO form, and make the quite form visible.

The idea behind this is that my client will create his quote and send t to his customer. Once the customer accepts the quote, he can just click a button to generate his purchase order that he will send to his supplier.

It seems that because I've got buttons to add rows on the quote form that the problem is more complex. I would be able to do this myself if the table had a fixed number of rows and I was able to use global fields and naming each cell something different, but beacuse it's a single repeating subform, I can't seem to make it work at all.

I understand that because its a repeating subform that I need to create an XML schema to accomplish this, but also can't figure out for the life of me how to actually create the schema. I've been reading tons of tutorials, but no clue how to apply it to my specific need. I have only been able only find info on how to bind the data source once it's been created.

I would be forever grateful if anyone could help me out.

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

I've edited your form and put it here.

Here's what I've done:

• Inserted script into your checkbox renamed Accpted that hides/shows the Purchase Order/ Sales Quotation
  • I've included a scripting object with a function I wrote to transfer data from like named fields/subforms from one section to another
  • Inserted a few common fields into your Purchase Order table

What you need to do is complete the development of your Purchase Order table. Make sure the common fields between the quote and purchase tables have the same names in order to transfer the data.

No schema necessary.

Kyle

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

I've edited your form and put it here.

Here's what I've done:

• Inserted script into your checkbox renamed Accpted that hides/shows the Purchase Order/ Sales Quotation
  • I've included a scripting object with a function I wrote to transfer data from like named fields/subforms from one section to another
  • Inserted a few common fields into your Purchase Order table

What you need to do is complete the development of your Purchase Order table. Make sure the common fields between the quote and purchase tables have the same names in order to transfer the data.

No schema necessary.

Kyle

Level 2

Thank you so much Kyle, Just what I needed!

Barb.