Expand my Community achievements bar.

XML Multiple Data Export/Import into New Form

Former Community Member

Is it possible to import an XML file with multiple form data (exported via "Merge data files into spreadsheet" option, then saved as XML) into a "template" form and create individual forms from the multiple data sheet? In other words, I've merged 65 forms' data into an XML file. Now I'd like to import it all back into an updated form.

What I've been doing now is exporting the XML data individually for each form and importing each form individually into the new form.

One option is to extend rights to the user to import nd export themselves, but I'm still looking into the Formrouter service, which, if implemented, won't be for a while.

Any solutions to this painful process?

Thanks - Derek

I just realized this may be a question for a different forum...Acrobat... My apologies.

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Derek,

Without the LC Enterprise server product(s) I don't think you will be able to achieve this. Acrobat.com give a mechanism of distributing the form, I am fairly sure it will allow you to view the responses in a new form.

Also applying reader extensions to the form with Acrobat will not help, as this removes the ability of importing/exporting XML. See https://acrobat.com/#d=3lGJZAZuOmk8h86HCWyJKg. If you are extending rights with LC Reader Extensions ES then this restriction should not apply.

If you have the 65 XML responses, I would be inclined to bite the bullet and manually import the XML into the new form.

Good luck,

Niall

Former Community Member

I figured...

I've tried playing around with the distribute/response feature, but haven't been able to master the process, if available, to pull in the responses and open or transfer them to a new form. Are you saying this is possible?

Level 10

Hi,

I haven't tried it, but there appear to be options to change the responses form (if using version 9 at least).

Acrobat1.png

Maybe worth a quick look.

Niall