Expand my Community achievements bar.

XML and fields

Level 2

IN ES2 I am able to pull an empty form in to Acrobat Pro and autocreate the fields, save and openthe pdf form in Livecycle, goto Data View and establish a data connection to an XML file, and drag my xml field values onto the auto created fields to overwrite the field name and data binding, but in ES (Other guys are using it) I don't seem to be able to do this. It overwrites the data binding but not the field name ..any thoughts on how to correct this short of upgrading everyone else's software...

3 Replies

Level 10

I don't think I would use the workflow of starting in Acrobat (AcroForm) and then editing this is LC Designer. IMHO.

If it is not working in LC Designer ES, then I suspect that you would need to upgrade. Please note that the current version of Designer is ADEP Desiner 10, but I am not sure how widely the upgrade availability is.

Niall

Level 2

Is there a way in designer to auto create fields like you can in Acrobat?

Level 10

Hi,

If you import an existing Word or PDF document then LC Designer will make a first stab at the fields, however I feel that this is more trouble than it is worth. It tends to create a plethora of objects on the form, much more than if you created the form manually. Also you will not be able to get some dynamic features to work.

I would be inclined to develop the form manually in LC Designer.

Niall