Expand my Community achievements bar.

xHTML Tables

Level 1

My client is using LiveCycle to produce documents sourced from a web based application.  One of their requirements is for the document template to include rich text data from the source application which will include tables and other rich text input formatted by the user.  Currently they are using LiveCycle Designer to format these output documents which includes text fields linked to these specific rich text fields from the source application. 

Given that XFA only supports a subset of xhtml which does not include the table tag, this is not meeting the customers requirement to have the final document display the rich text entered by the user in the source application(which would include tables).  There is no need to manipulate the rich text format from the source system because the user will have already formatted the test in the source application.  The document is only aranging the varoius data fields from the source application and creating a final set of PDF output documents

I'm trying to determine how this requirement (rich text inclusive of tables) can be met in the LiveCycle suite of applications.  Should this rich text data first be converted to another format at an earlier point in the LiveCycle workflow before being included in the designer form.  Is designer the appropriate application for designing these forms given that the final documents are output only and are not intended for capturing user input?

Thanks in advance for the assistance

0 Replies