Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

xfdl import problem?

Level 2

Ive seen one post on this topic (converting xfdl files) without any answers.

Basically Im trying to import the following file

http://www.e-publishing.af.mil/shared/media/epubs/AF2005.xfdl

I get an error saying  "class.com.adobe.convertxf.xforms.XFormsDocumentthrew SAXException while creating DOM document:  org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:  Content is not allowed in prolog............"

Can anyone help me with importing this file into LiveCycle Designer 8.2?  I would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

-Matthew

9 Replies

Former Community Member

I am no xfdl expert but I see that the file is base64 encoded and is not a valid xml file. You would have to get a decoded version as far as I know.

Paul

Level 2

after decrypting it, it says the XForms namespace missing, conversion can

not be performed.

where do i get the namespace??

-Matthew

Former Community Member

I don't know ..can you supply the unencrypted file and I will have a look?

Paul

Level 2

Whats the best way to attach a file in here?  Paste the XML in the post?  its alot of XML.

Level 2

Here is another form i need to convert.  I ended up taking the AF2005, printing it to pdf and manually adding fields back in one by one.  Really tedious.  This new form is a lot more complex.

you can download the unencrypted version here.

http://www.e-publishing.af.mil/shared/media/epubs/AFTO244.xfdl

Former Community Member

I am getting a namespace missing error on that file .....

Paul

Level 2

Yes, that is how far i get with it.  the namespace error.  I dont know which namespace is missing, or how to fix it.

Former Community Member

I opened the xfdl file in XMLSpy and it validates that the XML is fine (no namespaces missing). So I do not know what is causing that error ...that is why you need to open an incident with support. I will continue to dig and if I find something I will post it here.

Paul