Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

xfa.host.setFocus(); beep problem

Level 5

xfa.host.setFocus(Expand); is placed under text field. when cursore goes into the "expand" field, a beep is created.

How can I stop it?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi,

All the sounds you hear using LiveCycle created forms are sounds generated by your operating system--not PDFcreated and therefore not controlled by the authoring software. The sounds can be changed in the Windows Control Panel -- System Sounds. There are no other ways to overcome this that I am aware of.

I know the iritation this presents--I too didn't like it. However, I changed my sound setup using a theme provided by Win7 and have a much more pleasant experience. But all other users hear what they hear based on the settings on their OS. I have no control over that part of the user experience.

Good luck!

Stephen

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 7

Hi,

The beep you hear is specific to your particular computer setup--not LC Designer. Different users may hear different sounds, or no sound at all, depending on their "Sound" setup in their operating system.

Hope this helps.

Stephen

Level 2

To be more precise what stephen said,

Go to your volume properities and change the settings for ALERTS, WARNINGS and other options.

This will be stopped for sure.

Thanks

Pravee

Level 5

Thanks.

The beep is arisen when cursore goes into another field for the fuction of setFocus.

Could we fix with JavaScript?

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi,

All the sounds you hear using LiveCycle created forms are sounds generated by your operating system--not PDFcreated and therefore not controlled by the authoring software. The sounds can be changed in the Windows Control Panel -- System Sounds. There are no other ways to overcome this that I am aware of.

I know the iritation this presents--I too didn't like it. However, I changed my sound setup using a theme provided by Win7 and have a much more pleasant experience. But all other users hear what they hear based on the settings on their OS. I have no control over that part of the user experience.

Good luck!

Stephen