Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Wrap text around multiple text fields

Level 2

Greetings,

I have searched around various websites and forum discussions without result, so I'm hoping I might find some assistance here.

I'm trying to create a form that will wrap static text around expanding text fields.  That is, I want a paragraph of text to have several blank text fields in it and as those fields are populated, to have the text fields grow in width to accomodate the text that has been entered, and for the static text around those fields to be pushed within a static text box.  Is this even possible in Livecycle?  The closest I have been able to come is to have multiple text fields and static text boxes in one subform.  As the text fields are populated, the text boxes get pushed, but once it reaches the edge of the subform, it pushes the entire box down to a new line.

Thanks in advance for anyone who reads or repsonds to this!

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

all you need is one text object which contains floating fields.

Create a text with the default text value.

Then place the text cursor there where you want to insert texts later.

Click right and select "Floating Field".

Designer will create a hidden text field whose values will be populated automaticall in the text.

Level 2

Thanks for the reply, radzmar.  You helped point me in the right direction.

Just for reference, in case anyone else stumbles in here looking for the same thing I was, this thread detailed exactly what I needed to do to accomplish my goal:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/865371?tstart=30

Thanks again for the help!