Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Work-arounds for e-mail submit button and web mail?

Level 1

I have created an application form in LiveCycle Designer ES and have it setup with the both the e-mail submit and print functions.  The form works properly and very smooth for those who have a desktop e-mail client. But, apparently for those who have a web based e-mail and are less computer saavy, they are having issues with the concept of saving and sending the data as an attachment.

I'm wondering if there is a work-around for this?  I'm trying to make this as easy as possible for both the user and the people collecting the data.  The results of the form need to be sent to 3 individual e-mail addresses.  Is there a way to send the data to an e-mail address without engaging the person completing the forms e-mail client?

I'm not a programmer so any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Without an email client your options are limited. You could post it (submit) to a web server

and have it email to the appropriate users on their behalf.

Paul

Level 1

Thanks for the reply.  That could work.  How would one go about setting something like that up?  I'm not a programmer, so I'm assuming you have to use the HTTP submit button and have it send the data to a spot on the web server.  How do you set up the portion so it would e-mail those results to the required addresses?  The PDF form is a loan application that needs to have the results forwarded to the loan officers for processing after they are completed.  They of course aren't real saavy thus why they want the results e-mailed to them rather than having to download files or keep an eye on a directory.

Thanks!

Former Community Member

You would have to write a program to recieve th einfomation then set up an email to send it to. This could be done with cold fusion

or whatever program that your web server willl support.

Paul

Level 1

Okay, being that programming is out of my realm, are you aware of any open source scripts that a neophyte like me could possibly modify and work with in this instance?  I believe their web server should support most of the common languages.

Former Community Member

I am not a programmer either and the programming of the web server is not my forte ...maybe someone else can help out here.

Paul