Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Windows 7 Compatiblity

Level 1

I have created an interactive form with Designer ES8.2 on a Windows XP system. I can't import form data into the form on a Windows 7 computer. The form works fine on Windows XP systems.

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Can you give more details on what is happening ...are you getting an error message? What versions of Acrobat arre you using? How are you importing the data?

Paul

Level 1

Paul,

I created the form on Acrobat 9 Pro, LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2. We fill out the form on Acrobat X Reader and e-mail an XML file to a person with Acrobat X Pro. We are importing the data using Acrobat X Pro from the tools menu, manage form data, import data. When we do this on three different Windows 7 machines Adobe Acrobat gives us the error message "Could not load data from the text file." When we import the data on a WIndows XP machine loaded with the same Acrobat X program, the data fills the form just as it should. The form also works on a Windows XP machine using Acrobat 9 Pro.
I can send you the form if you want to try it yourself.

Thanks,

Bob Dunn

Former Community Member

Sounds like there might be a bug ....if you want to send the form and the asociated data file to LiveCycle8@gmail.com I can confirm that it is an issue.

Paul

Level 1

So, was there a bug or a fix to this problem?  Thanks!