Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Window Orphan Settings

Level 1

Hello, I design dynamic XML forms in LifeCycle Designer ES. Because many of our users use Adobe Acrobat 7 Standard, I choose the corresponding Reader target version. When 7 Standard users use one of the dynamic XML forms, an error message pops up stating:

"Bad value: 'designer_defaultWindowOrphanSettings.para' of the 'use' attribute of 'para' element".

In this one particular XML form, the LC Designer warning states: Although the object is allowed to break, deselecting the Allow Page Breaks Within Content option restricts this object from breaking between pages (the Type is Miscellaneous and the Code is 2046). This error occurs within a subform object (the option for allowing page breaks within content is grayed out). This subform is located within a row that has this option deselected, which in turn is within a table that has this option checked so that the rows can break.

If anyone can give me direction to get rid of the above error message, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Looking at the form may help understand the issue.. You can send it to LiveCycle9@gmail.com, so I can have a look at it.

Thanks

Srini

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Looking at the form may help understand the issue.. You can send it to LiveCycle9@gmail.com, so I can have a look at it.

Thanks

Srini

Level 10

You can change the "sub1" subform content property to "Positioned" to fix the issue.

Let me know if this is what was causing the error..

Thanks

Srini