Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

why will only one of my progressive disclosure instances work?

Level 4

My form has three sections all of which have a progressive disclosure element. Independantly they work fine, but as a whole they don't. Only one progressive disclosure instance will work at a time. So, if the first one is activated, such as the end user clicks on a check box and a hidden subform pops up, then the following progressive disclosure instances will not pop up when they are supposed to.

Why is it doing that and how can I get all of my hidden subforms to pop up when they are supposed to?

The form is attached.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

If I set all of your subforms from hidden to invisible it works fine.

Paul

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

If I set all of your subforms from hidden to invisible it works fine.

Paul

Level 4

Thanks Paul,

Why does it work on invisible and not hidden?  Also, do you think there will be a problem with those once-invisible-but-now-present objects remaining present upon email submission and printing?  I noticed from threads that other people were having trouble like that.

Thank you again. You are really helpful.

Jennifer

Level 10

Hi,

Not sure I can explain what is happening but if I set the "Allow Page Breaks within Content" for Page2 and Page3 things seem to work as you want.

Bruce

Level 4

Thanks! I changed the "hidden" property to "invisible" as Paul suggested and that works too. So weird...

Former Community Member

I did somemore testing and found that the layout is getting messed up. It is actually working but not being displayed on the screen. You can force a relayout to happen and it will fix the situation.

At the end of a section you can do this command:

xfa.layout.relayout()

This will cuas ethe form to layout again and you problem goes away.

Paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----