Expand my Community achievements bar.

Why the text field frame's line width cannot be adjusted?

Level 1

I am now working on a PDF file with some text fields with combo turned on, specifying the number of chars the fields can hold. Their frames' line width is not thick. This is what I want. This is shown in the picture below:

1.png

But when I try to preview the PDF, I discover that these fields do not follow what I have specified: no matter what thickness I choose, the frames are always thick. I want them to be thin!

See below:

2.png

Why is it so? What should I do? Any ideas are welcomed.

6 Replies

Former Community Member

On the Layout tab under the Appearance dropdown, the field is set to Custom appearance. If you open this up and clickon the Custom option at the bottom of the tab a separate dialog will open allowing you to adjust the appearance. You can set your line width in this dialog. I believe that deafult is .069 in.

Paul

Level 1

Even if I choose 0.0001 inch thickness it is still thick. Not much difference. I just want them to be similar to the fields down below in that picture, with thin frames.

Former Community Member

It might be an Acrobat restriction ....which version are you using? I was able to change the thickness on mine and I ma using version 9.3

Paul

Level 1

I am using Acrobat 8 Pro and Adobe LiveCycle Designer 8.0 to design the form.

Former Community Member

I tried it on Reader 8.2.1 and I do not see the issue. I am using version 9 of Designer though.

I can try your version of the form if you want ....send it to LiveCycle8@gmail.com

Paul

Level 1

I have sent my form to you to take a look. Thanks for your support!

By the way, I have uninstalled Acrobat 8 and installed Acrobat 9 Pro, but I am facing serious problems. Whenever I open Acrobat I will face an EULA page and if I click "Accept" or "Decline", the whole program will close immediately.

I have googled and added an EULA value (=1, in hex) in the regedit. No effect. I want to uninstall Acrobat 9, and there is NO RECORD in the Install/Uninstall section in the Control Panel. I am using Vista Home Basic.

I am now frustrated. I tried Acrobat 9 and it failed, and now I can't even uninstall it and revert to ver 8.......My God....