Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Why can't I 'place' a signature into a .pdf form created in LiveCycle Designer 9???

Level 1

Hi there,

I have been pulling my hair out all afternoon!

I have created a dynamic form in LiveCycle Designer 9 - saved it as a Dynamic XML Form - opened it in Acrobat X - saved it as Reader Extended PDF and Enabled Additional Features. My colleagues will then need to open it in Reader X and select the option to draw and place thier signature in the text field I have provided them with. When I open the form in Reader X and click on the SIGN tab I get the following error message:

The security settings on this document prevent adding text and/or placing a signature on it from Adobe Reader. To fill and sign this document you need to print it out.

I have looked for help on this issue everywhere, yet to no avail.

I do not want to hear about using digital signatures or Echosign, We only want and need to have staff sign forms by drawing their signature.

Please help!

Thanks,

Will

1 Reply

Former Community Member

Hi will,

I am not aware of Reader Enabled PDF from Acrobat X.

Have you tried enabling digital signature using Reader Extensions which comes with LiveCycle Server. viz http://I.P:Port/ReaderExtensions

Regards,

Ali