Expand my Community achievements bar.

Why an invocation SOAP works some times and does not other times?

Level 3

I have a form inside the LiveCycle Workspace environment.  This form invokes a SOAP call to a db to populate two fields.  For example the user type his user id and the SOAP call populates the user name and company.  The problem is the SOAP call works fine some times and other time it does not work.   The problem is not pc or user specific.  Any ideas where to start troubleshooting?

7 Replies

Level 10

Are you using Reader or Acrobat?

Jasmin

Level 3

I am using Reader.  I have a computer with Acrobat Pro 9 and this one the SOAP call works every time.

Level 10

If you use Reader, you have two options:

1- Make the web service call server-side.

2- Reader extend your form.

Jasmin

Level 3

Thank you Jasmin,

I am assuming the form has the reader extension, because it can be saved using Reader inside the LiveCycle environment.  Once, I attempted to use a form without the Reader extension, and I got a message indicating this form cannot be saved.  The form has other fields and and I can complete the form and send to the next step.  The only thing that is not working is the SOAP call.  Can a change in security IE or java setting affect the SOAP call

Level 10

Do you know when the Reader extensions rights were applied if "Database and Web service connectivity" was selected?

Jasmin

Level 3

Jasmin,

I do not know, but I will check with the contractor responsible for the form.  The frustrating part is that the form is being working for 2 months.  Only recently we received several system updates and since then it is a hit and mainly miss.

Level 3

Good morning Jasmin,

This morning I reverted to an older form version and all the SOAP calls worked.  I asked for the form Reader extension to be re-applied with db and web service connectivity.  Thank you!.