Expand my Community achievements bar.

where to catch the 'insufficient permissions' exception'

Level 4

i'm getting the "insufficient permissions to create a new CollectionNode" exception.  i understand why it's happening, that's not the issue.  i'm trying to catch the exception myself but i just can't find where it's being thrown. i've put try/catch blocks around everything, with no success.  can someone give me a hint as to where i should be trying to catch it, or how?

Error: Error - insufficient permissions to create a new CollectionNode. You must be an OWNER of the room to add new multi-user features to it. Log in with developer credentials in order to do so.

at com.adobe.rtc.messaging.manager::MessageManager/http://www.adobe.com/2006/connect/cocomo/messaging/internal::subscribeCollection()[C:\work\main\connect\SDKApp\payload\libs\flashOnly\player10\src\com\adobe\rtc\messaging\manager\MessageManager.as:192]

at com.adobe.rtc.messaging.manager::MessageManager/flushPendingSubscriptions()[C:\work\main\connect\SDKApp\payload\libs\flashOnly\player10\src\com\adobe\rtc\messaging\manager\MessageManager.as:794]

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()

at com.adobe.rtc.session::ConnectSession/checkManagerSync()[C:\work\main\connect\SDKApp\payload\libs\flashOnly\player10\src\com\adobe\rtc\session\ConnectSession.as:510]

at com.adobe.rtc.sharedManagers::UserManager/userReceivedOrEdited()[C:\work\main\connect\SDKApp\payload\libs\flashOnly\player10\src\com\adobe\rtc\sharedManagers\UserManager.as:1082]

at com.adobe.rtc.sharedManagers::UserManager/onItemReceive()[C:\work\main\connect\SDKApp\payload\libs\flashOnly\player10\src\com\adobe\rtc\sharedManagers\UserManager.as:934]

at com.adobe.rtc.sharedModel::CollectionNode/http://www.adobe.com/2006/connect/cocomo/messaging/internal::receiveItem()[C:\work\main\connect\SDKApp\payload\libs\flashOnly\player10\src\com\adobe\rtc\sharedModel\CollectionNode.as:742]

at com.adobe.rtc.messaging.manager::MessageManager/http://www.adobe.com/2006/connect/cocomo/messaging/internal::receiveItem()[C:\work\main\connect\SDKApp\payload\libs\flashOnly\player10\src\com\adobe\rtc\messaging\manager\MessageManager.as:663]

at com.adobe.rtc.session.managers::SessionManagerBase/receiveItem()[C:\work\main\connect\SDKApp\payload\libs\flashOnly\player10\src\com\adobe\rtc\session\managers\SessionManagerBase.as:331]

2 Replies

Former Community Member

I am not sure whether you should catch it this wa. What are you doing to get the exception ? You should try to put around the call that eventually leads to insufficient permission. Please let us know the context.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Employee

Hi,

From the error  I see that your room is not even set up in the first place. (ie the all the required collection nodes are not initialized) . So before invoking an LCCS application you must login as an owner of the room and set up the room for other users.

Thanks

Arun