Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Where is the Java Script for this?

Level 8

Hello

For tool tip and dynamic resizung, Niall has suggested me the below link,

https://acrobat.com/#d=jD3k1sL7PGcTo6CHHTiEOA

but, i did not see its associated code, pls. let me know How can figure out its attached Java Script so that i will use it as a code snippet for my own development

Regarding the TOOL TIP: Pls. note that, my drop-down entries/values are DYNAMIC, my_form does not know UNTIL runtime, i mean, i am not specifying the values/entries at my_form level, am passing them from back end/data source/SAP software

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

I should note that in the case syntax you should bind values to the options then use case"1", case"2", case "3". etc.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 3

Hi -

If you open the document in LiveCycle Designer (LCD) you will see the code.  The Tool-Tips are not code per se - you set the tool tip by selecting the object then going to the ACCESSIBILITY tab in LCD and typing in the tool tip in the space provided.

The "Re-size" and "Showing Legend" code are located in Mouse Enter and Mouse Exit events.

Jim

Level 8

Thank you.

Because of some reasons (Authentication etc.,...) i am not allowed to open the mentioned form in LC. When you get a chance, pls. cop&paste the code for

1) Resize - Mouse enter & Mouse exit

2) Tool tip: right, but, am populating the drop-down entries/values DYNAMICALLY from the back end software(SAP)/data source, i mean, am not specifying them/hard coding them at the FORM level, so, i can not put the values in tool tip, so, pls let me know how can i get drop-down DYNAMIC entries in tool tip?

3) Legend,: i did not see any where in the MENU to set legend, pls. eloboarate where i can find it/set it?

Thank you

Level 3

Here is the javascript.  I am curious how you will put in the code if you cannot use LC?

Re-size mouseEnter:

this.w = "2in";  // put in any value in the quotes, like 3.5in or 7in, etc

Re-size mouseExit:

this.w = "1.375in"; // again use any value you prefer

For the "Showing Legend" you need to create the legend text block on the form, then set it as "invbisible" in the Obeject -> Presence tab.

Snap4.jpg

mouseEnter:

legend.presence = "visible";

mouseExit:

legend.presence = "hidden";

As for the Tool Tips - even though you alter the entries dynamically can you not put in a generic tool tip for the object?  Once a value is in the drop list then a tool tip does not help much.  If you need to put in specific "message" based on a value entered then I would suggest you use the messageBox code along with a case statement.  Just one thought is to create a calculated checkbox that runs a calcuation script that looks at the value the user winds up putting into the drop-down:

switch(droplist.rawValue)

{

case "First Choice":

xfa.host.messageBox("Here is where you place in the message");

break;

case "Second Choice":

xfa.host.messageBox("Other information here when the second choice is entered");

break;

}

You keep doing the case sections until you cover all the messages you want.  You could try to put this code in the mouseExit for the drop-list as well and see if that works.  I tend to go to hidden checkboxes that I set as read only and put in the code as calcuation so that I can do more stuff with it as I need.

Correct answer by
Level 3

I should note that in the case syntax you should bind values to the options then use case"1", case"2", case "3". etc.