Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

where i can find lc workspace bug free source code?

Former Community Member

Hi,

I have adobe livecycle es2 pack installed alongwith workbench 9.0. i need bug free workspace source code for customization. as souce code availabe in live cycle es2 sdk is not what has been described in "customize workspace ui". I don't want to downlaod full live cycle server again or workbench?

i just need patched livecycle workspace source code?

where i can find the zip file or is there any other way to update the same?

6 Replies

Level 10

The source can be found under C:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES2\LiveCycle_ES_SDK\misc\Process_Management\Workspace\adobe-workspace-src.zip

Jasmin

Former Community Member

It is not clear what version you have (es2 pack?) but there were definite problems with the workspace source code and customization in the ES2 GM release.  These were fixed in SP1 and are also in SP2.

Note that the workspace source is distributed in both the LC and Workbench installs but the Workbench install may contain the original GM release source, depending on the Workbench version you have.  Workbench 9.5 was released with LC ES 2.5 (aka SP2), but i'm not sure if that even has the updated source.

To avoid any confusion, you should only use the source from the LC ES2 install.  And to get the latest workspace source you should apply the latest service pack (this would be SP2 at this time) and get the latest ProcessManagement Patch for SP2.  The workspace source is in the zip file at the location indicated in Jasmine's reply.

Former Community Member

Thanks Jon,

I have been using LC es2 GM pack and neither lc server or workbench have it proper workspace source code.

so, as you have suggested, i will try sp1 patch .

But Jon, this sp1 is again quite large patch (1.3 GB) and i fear it might disturb my current dev environment.So. is there any other i could get just updated workspace source code or atleast patched LC eS2 sdk.

also, i have read that sp2 has completely new workbench differnt from previous one. So, i would rather try to stick to sp1. as it might cause any issues which i don't want at this stage.

so kindly suggest any means whee i can get just worskpace source code with patches. or if that don't work, then tell me precautions i should take while applying sp1 patch.

Former Community Member

I'm unaware of any way to get the code other than applying the SP (1 or 2) and then applying the latest Process Management QuickFix for the SP you choose. My opinion is that keeping as current as safely possible is best if you want to benefit from all fixes so I would go with SP2. SP2 has been out for quite a while so I consider it a safe choice. The SP2 workbench introduced some new features but fully supports any existing applications so this shouldn't be a problem. Whatever you choose, testing with your environment is always advised, but I'm sure you would do this anyway,

Also note that updated workspace source could depend on changes in the server code so taking a newer workspace source and running it against an older version of the server may have problems. So whatever source you get, you should make sure the server is at least as current.

Jon

Former Community Member

thanks jon,

i have done the workbench sp1 patch only now and got the updated workbench source code and. Its pefect.

now i got to move fast.

thanks once again for ur suggestion.

Level 1

Hi, was just going through this post. Can you please let me know what was the issue with the source code of the original release (one without SP1 or SP2)?