Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Where does the "Submit Form" button get created and how can I change the associated email address?

Level 2

I've created a pdf form using Adobe Live Cycle ES 8.2 and it has been working fine.  Now I need to change the email address it gets sent to when the user clicks on the "Submit Form" button.

How can I change this email address?

Thank you in advance

10 Replies

Level 3

The Submit button is included in the Object Library (Window>Object Library). You can drag and drop it on your form. Select the Submit button and open the Object window (Window>Object). Midway in the window you will see a field called URL. Enter the email address in that field (e.g mailto:someone@somwhere.com)

Level 2

Thank you for the reply, but the "Submit Form" button to which I'm referring, was somehow automatically placed on the form, not manually by me....

Thoughts?

Submit-Form-Button-1.png

Former Community Member

You probably picked submit by email on a dialog that popped up when creating the new form. Click on the submit button. press [shift+F12] to get the objec dialog. You should see the email address field to edit.

Level 2

Thank you for the reply.

Below is the screen shot of what I see when I followed your instructions. 

Now, how do I change the value in the "To:" email address.

I tried to create a brand new form and it still keeps this as the default "To:" email address...

Send-Form-Info.png

Thanks again for your help.

Former Community Member

This post is in the Designer section. So it would be expected that you would be trying to make this change in Designer. Now I see you posted the same question in multiple sections.

You are posting what I assume is a screen shot of the rendered form, not what you would see editing the form in Designer.

Level 2

Yes, that is correct.

I did not manually add this button, so I am assuming it was somehow automatically created.

It worked great up until now that I need to change the "To:" email address.

I've look through the XML code associated this this email address and changed it every where I could find it, but it still hasn't changed my results.  So, I have no idea how to change this and as stated above, if I create a new form it automatically sets it up to be sent to the wrong email address.  Not sure why or how to change it?

Let me know if you need further info to help me out.

Thanks again

Level 3

I see a note at the bottom of your dialog box hinting that the "Remember Me" check box being ticked may have something to do with or maybe its a part of Acrobat Identity preferences.The answer may lie in changing the preferences that have the problematic mailto: address specified as a default.

Former Community Member

I too am experiencing the same issue.  Not sure where the "to" email is being pulled from.  I need to know how to change this so the form can be distributed to the correct person/people.  Help!