Expand my Community achievements bar.

When using floating fields in my forms it never work...

Level 10

Hi there,

I've tested so many times floating fields in many different forms. Some old forms I created are working, but lately new forms are just not working at all.

Form Properties -> Defaults -> Choose version to run form in : Acrobat and Adobe Reader 9.1 or later.. (I did this)

When using floating fields in my non-testing-forms, they never work... I am using Calculate event to put the value inside the hidden floating field with the following code:

Using those two lines are working perfectly, I'm getting the value wanted in the hidden floating field, but the Label is not displaying the value!!!

If I insert a line of code in the Calculate event which transfer the value in the label like the following :

It displays the value as I want... But I am tired of wondering why my floating fields never work in my forms..

By the way I've managed to make floating fields work in a blank form just for testing, but when it comes to real forms it just doesn't want to cut it...

If anyone would have any idea why it's behaving like this, I would appreciate any tries!!

Thanks for reading, waiting for your thoughts!!

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

I've not had any problem with floating fields, can you share your form?

Regards

Bruce

Level 10

Hi Bruce,

I will send you a link to your mail box to be able to download it!

The floating fields are in the second part of the form, in the page called Preview.

Thanks for taking a look!