Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

When i use a special render for my xfaForm i can't have the complete or finished button when i call process from workspace ?

Level 2

Hi,

I have a process  "FlexriverInvoice" that contains two steps the first one change a valule ID and pass it to the xfaForm, then a second step use the render service that return a pdf.

I created a new process "InvoiceCall" , it use "FlexriverInvoice" service in the first step and in the second step it use a writeXml service that put a hardcoded XML to my "c:" , in the advanced settings of xfaForm of my "InvoiceCall" process, i enable rendering with "FlexriverInvoice".

When i call the process from the workspace, i have the submit button on the pdf file and when i click there is no action.

When i set the render of xfaForm of the InvoiceCall" process to default, i have the finished button and if i click i have the xml wriiten to my "c:".

the process .lca is attached to this message, (please remove pdf extension)

Thanks for your help

Hamza

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

"Sorry but i didn't understand how to find the submit url,"

It's a property of the submit button on your XDP.

Jasmin

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

If you take a look at the Render PDF Form ES 1 service within Process Management, you'll see that there's a "Enable PDF form for Workspace ES" step added after the renderForm operation. This operation that takes care of hidding the submit button on the from and to show the Complete button in Workspace. You probably need it in your process as well.

I would suggest to check the Render PDF Form ES 1 service within Process Management and try to mirror it as much as possible.

Jasmin

Level 2

it's correct the buton is displayed but there is no action when i click

Level 2

Sorry but i didn't understand how to find the submit url,

i added an alert in the code behind of the submit button "xfa.host.messageBox(sURL);" and it gives me this value :

url.JPG

is it the correct value?

Correct answer by
Level 10

"Sorry but i didn't understand how to find the submit url,"

It's a property of the submit button on your XDP.

Jasmin

Level 2

Thank you.

That was a great tip. It actually works. But what worries me is really the lack of documentation. I have read lots of documents around this topic,

and I have never seen anywhere mentioned that URL...Would you have any 'magic' online doc

cheers,

Hamza

Level 10

You'll find it in the javadoc for the URLSpec object (http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/programLC/programmer/javadoc/index.html). Check the function setTargetURL.

You don't have to worry about it when you use the default renderers (Default or Render PDF Form ES Update1), but if you create your own, you have to either start from the defaults one and expand or set those settings manually.

I agree the information is hard to find.

Jasmin