Expand my Community achievements bar.

When enabling Reader Extensions, addInstance adds two instances to form

Level 1

Created a from in LiveCycle.  In the form I have a button that replicates a page of the form (using addInstance set on click command).  Works beautifully.  I want my Reader users to be able to save data in the form, so I open it up in Acrobat and Save As Reader Extended with fillin and save functionality.  Form saves.  When I open in the Reader Extended form in Acrobat or Reader, it has added two more pages (the page referenced in the Add instance command).  The button still works and will add more pages as needed but I do not want it to start with three copies of the page!

Actually, I tried just saving as a pdf (not Reader extended) and it displays the same behavior.

Any suggestions?  Where do I start looking?

2 Replies

Level 9

Just make sure you have done this..File > Form Properties > Run Time > Preserver Scripting changes > Automatically..

Level 1

Thanks - I figured it out finally.  Originally I had created the form in Acrobat and then brought it into Livecycle - that process created a mass of subforms and unnecessary parts.  Once I went through and cleaned the page up removing the majority of the subforms, the form started working correctly.