Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Weirdness

Former Community Member

Here's a doozy for you.

I have a multipage form (8 pages before being filled in). Subforms, flow, follow previous are all set on it. It's working perfectly except for this one weird thing.

Page 6 (of the unfilled form)--There's a comment box that's set to grow. When filling in the form and making it too long to fit on just one page it does the following:

takes a small section from the PREVIOUS page and moves it to the TWO pages ahead

the comment box (on page 6) extension is placed AFTER that small section.

I have no idea why. I'm going to attempt to include screenshots.

this is page 5as it should look

p5text.jpg

this is page 6

p6.jpg

this is what happens when text is entered into the box on page 6 and allowed to overflow onto what should be the next page but isn't.

notice that page 5 (the section with p5 text in the blue boxes) has now been moved to page 7.

And the box beneath the signatures with the 6s has bumped down.

weirdness.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I've seen this kind of weirdness before and for me it's always been due to messed up "keep with" settings. I usually go through the affected subforms and turn off all the keep with settings and then step back through the subforms again making sure that only the subforms that really need a keep with have it.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Former Community Member

I woudl need to see the form to be able to debug it. Can you send it to LiveCycle8@gmail.com and include a description of the issue and I will have a look when I get a chance.

Paul

Correct answer by
Level 10

I've seen this kind of weirdness before and for me it's always been due to messed up "keep with" settings. I usually go through the affected subforms and turn off all the keep with settings and then step back through the subforms again making sure that only the subforms that really need a keep with have it.

Former Community Member

Okay, I think Jono's suggestion worked although at this point I'm not sure what exactly "fixed" it.

However, I now have a blank page that shows in design view and preview pdf view but doesn't appear to be in the heirarchy.

And the weirdness continues.

Ideas for how to get rid of a page that's kinda there? (it's pg. 6--so between #6/two sig & date boxes and then "other activities" is the blank page)

Former Community Member

Thanks by the way!!!!!!!

I'm almost finished with this thing but just can't quite seem to get there.

Level 10

Blank pages can be a result of an object being too big for the content area, or possibly subform.

Former Community Member

Don't think that's it. Contents of the previous page don't even go to the bottom of that page. When I actually fill in the form and make text fields expand, it still leaves me with a blank page too.

Other ideas? I really need to get rid of it!

Former Community Member

I've put this into a new discussion since it looks like the question has been answered.