Expand my Community achievements bar.

Weird Problem in LiveCycle

Level 9

Hello All ,

I am facing a weird problem in LiveCycle.In a form I did some script changes , saved it , and tested the form,it was ok. But After closing the form if I again reopens the form to do some script changes I am not able to find the script in any of the events. But then I tested the form , it worked perfectly. But if it's working then where are the scripts ?Has anybody faced this problem before ?

Thanks,

Bibhu.

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Let me guess; Adobe LiveCycle Designer 9.0 ?

Level 9

Hi,

It's LiveCycle Designer 8.2 and Acrobat - 9 pro.

Thanks.

Bibhu.

Former Community Member

That's odd. We've identified a bug in 9.0, which causes LC Designer to arbitrarily wipe scripts. It usually happens after a few hours of intensive form constructing. A restart of LC Designer solves the problem temporarily. Other than that the bug is really hard to reproduce. We've discovered that if you launch Acrobat Pro before LC Designer (so that PDF Previews are viewed in Pro instead of Reader), the bug goes away.

A guess would be that it is related to the way Designer rewrites the xdp (xml) tree, mixing nodes together. At least it's a viable conclusion considering Designer deletes the wrong node when deleting meta data (Form Properties->Variables->Minus symbol). There are also occasions on which, if you change the script of default buttons (the ones having tags like <?templateDesigner isPrintObject true?>), Designer wipes the entire script.

Level 9

Hello,

I can see some scripts (not all that I needed) in the JavaScript debugger if I press Ctrl+J. But those scripts are not visible in the script editor !!! I am totally frustrated ...

Thanks.

Bibhu.

Level 2

A client of mine had this issue for the first time today, on LC Designer ES 2 as well. Your suggestion with launching Acrobat Pro before Designer fits the bill in so far as they have only Reader installed on that machine.