Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

websphere for livecycle

Level 1

Greetings,

We are trying to evaluate ES4 to see if it will work for our business.  I downloaded the ES4 Server trial and started installing on a Windows 7 64-bit VM.  My question is, does WebSphere come in the install package or is that something that you have to have installed already?  If you have to have it in place already, what do you do if you don't have a WebSphere license?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

If you want to deploy LiveCycle on WebSphere, then you have to manage it on your own. Adobe doesn't ship any application server with LiveCycle installation bits except JBOSS.

Similarly, only mysql database will be provided with installation bits and for other supported databases customer has to acquire it on its own. LiveCycle with MySql and JBOSS is termed as TurnKey installation.

For all supported entities:

LiveCycle Help | Adobe LiveCycle ES4 Supported Platforms

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

If you want to deploy LiveCycle on WebSphere, then you have to manage it on your own. Adobe doesn't ship any application server with LiveCycle installation bits except JBOSS.

Similarly, only mysql database will be provided with installation bits and for other supported databases customer has to acquire it on its own. LiveCycle with MySql and JBOSS is termed as TurnKey installation.

For all supported entities:

LiveCycle Help | Adobe LiveCycle ES4 Supported Platforms

Level 1

Thank you for your assistance.