Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Web Service WSDL

Level 2

I am trying to connect my LiveCycle form to an Oracle database procedure to pull down some data. My friends over at Oracle aren't much help here so I'm hoping someone here can provide some assistance.

This is a simple hello world test I running. I have a WSDL I created using a text editor, a PL/SQL procedure that returns a SOAP envelope, and a form with a data connection pointing to the WSDL - I dragged the data connection onto my pdf form to create the (2) fields, one is a request string field to send to the stored procedure, the other is the response string.

The form pulls down from the stored procedure just fine, but it doesn't seem to be posting the request parameter at all.

When I click on my submit button on the form I get an (oracle app server) error saying that the required parameters weren't posted...if I alter my stored procedure to allow null parameters, then the pdf form receives a response and fills the field with the response, but without posting my request parameter to give my stored procedure some data this is next to useless for me.

Any ideas what might be the problem here, or what I can do to troubleshoot?

4 Replies

Former Community Member

I have never used an Oracle web service (as far as I know anyways) but you shoudl know that the form only supports simple types. It doesn't sound like you are using anything but strings though. The other question is whether you are using Acrobat or Reader to view your PDF. If Reader, then web service functionality must be enabled using LiveCycle Reader Extensions server before the web service call will work.

Paul

Level 2

Paul,

I am using Acrobat. It just seems very odd that the response works fine but not the request. I'm not even sure how to troubleshoot.

Level 2

Forgot to thank you...so thank you Paul!

Oh, and just for reference this is the page I'm using for help to setup my form:

http://forms.stefcameron.com/2007/05/21/connecting-to-a-web-service/

Former Community Member

You are doing the right things to set it up .....I assume you are seeing a binding icon beside the input for the web service in the DataConnection panel.

I do not know Oracle but can you see what is recieved on the server or trace the line to see that the request parameter is actually being filled?

Paul