Expand my Community achievements bar.

Web Service and Binding

Former Community Member

Hello,

Can any one please assist with my question. How many web service that a form can have and how many binding that a field in the form can bind?

I am working on the form that need to have 5 web services (WS) and some of the fields need to bind to all 5 WS. I got it work fine with the first 3 bindings but then when I try to another one for the fourth one, somehow, the data do not populate right. It shows the permit number instead of the applicant name for the first as well. Can any one please assist with this.

Thanks,

Han Dao

7 Replies

Former Community Member

I am not aware of any limits on the number of web services and the bindings butI have never tried more that 2. I suggest you open an incident with support and in the mean time I will ask around and see if someone else has seen similar behaviour.

Paul

Former Community Member

Thanks Paul. Can't wait to hear from you regarding the issue. I will open an incident with Adobe support.

Thanks again,

Han Dao

Former Community Member

1058WS_b.pngHi Paul,

It seems more like the web service itself that I created in Workbench ES. I got everything mapped right but not sure why it does not return the right data, it switches the permit number to applicant name and vice versa. I am attaching the print screen of the output that I invoked in workbench, can you please view it and assist with the issue.

Thanks,

Han Dao

Former Community Member

I will not be able to debug this unless I can run the service and have the db. Is it possible that the record in the DB is

saved that way? Can you look at that record using a SQL tool and see if the data is correct?

Paul

Former Community Member

Hi Paul,

I ran the query alone in the DB to check the data and it is right as expected so I just open an incident with Adobe support to get assistance on it. Hope to hear from them soon as this is near to the due date.

Thanks,

Han Dao

Former Community Member

Hello,

I would like to ask a question regarding combine multiple similar web services into one. Can you please tell me if it is possible to combine 4-5 web services into one since they built on the same SQL query with 5 different criterias or condition so that the user can enter any of the 5 criterias to populate the data on the form instead of having 5 different web services?

e.g Query: Select appName, permit#, address, phone, description, type, section, from table where appName = can be 'appName, permit#, address, phone, or description' to populate the rest of the data to the form.

Does any one have ever done some thing like this in Workbench ES? If so please assist. I know it can be easier to build it in Visual Basic, C#, or dot.net but the requirement is to build it in workbench ES.

Thanks in advance,

Han Dao

Former Community Member

Hi Paul,

I got the problem solved. It was the order of the mapping that different from one in the DB query. It so interesting to know that they have in the same order. I could not find any Adobe documentation that mention about it which make people easy to miss and hard to trouble shoot. If you think there is a documentation, please share the link so others can use as well.

Thanks,

Han Dao