Expand my Community achievements bar.

Web application not connecting to .NET data after uploaded to IIS

Level 2

Hi

I've written a web app with Flex 3.3 which connects to .NET data via WebOrb. The app works fine from my desktop but after copying the release files into a new IIS site and running it from there, the app loads but its not connecting to the data. I'm by no means an expert on Flex and IIS so there might be something really simple that I need to do here.

All help welcome, thanks

Dustin

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Ensure you compile with -use-network="true".

When developing apps it might not matter, but once you upload to the server it needs to be true.

Level 2

Thanks for the reply Greg but unfortunately it hasn't fixed it. I did notice that the -use-network=true option resulted in my assets and css being separated out into seprate files.

Level 2

OK, I have some more information. Cutting the IIS server out of the equation...

If I launch the app from bin-debug, it works.

If l launch the app from bin-release, data functionality does not work.

If I copy the bin-debug folder to a new location on my PC, data functionality does not work.

This suggests to me that (a) the files in bin-debug are using hard-coded paths and (b) the release is not being built properly.

Any more ideas on why I'm losing data connectivity when creating the release build?

Level 2

I figured this out out in the end. I needed to put a crossdomain.xml policy file into the root of my WebOrb site allowing access to the site that hosted my app.