Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Way to dynamically increase page size

Level 2

I am making a form with a table that allows users to add rows and columns at will.  When the amount of rows added runs off  the page, a new pages is appended so rows can be added indefinitely.  But with columns, it doesn't work that way.  Is there a way to increase the size of a page to accomodate columns as they are added (This form isn't intended to be printed so the sizes that the paper can reach don't matter.)?

Any help is appreciated.

File is attached...

3 Replies

Former Community Member

You need to make you rpage size bigger. Right now you have an 8.5 x 11 in page. To do this, in the Hierarchy view click on the Master Pages node and choose Page 1. Now on the object palette on the Master Page tab you will see a Paper Type dropdown. Choose custom from that list then the width and height options become available. Change the width to a value that makes more sense for you and voila .....you are good to go.

paul

Level 2

I was kind of hoping for a way to increase the page size dynamically.  Sort of like an ever expanding canvas that would automatically increase as needed when columns were added by the person filling out the form.

I think I've found an older post that states this is not possible anyway.

Thank you for your help and quick reply.

Former Community Member

The page dimensions cannot be changed after the form is rendered. For a table that expands by adding rows you can simply add another piece of paper. For width that is not possible.

Paul