Expand my Community achievements bar.

visible (print-only) creating empty space when viewed on screen

Level 2

HI, so I have 4 forms that are about 16-20 pages long each with tons of drop down boxes in them and my client just asked me to "by the way make sure they print out with all the options layed out for those who cant fill it out on a computer." Easier said than done i guess cause as soon as I started making visible (print-only) sections i realized that i was just creating blank space for the on screen versions where the print only text would be placed when printed. Is there any way to not have this happen?? I am using dynamic forms, flowed layout, with the latest version of LiveCycle Designer on PC. I rather not share the form as it for a government client but if this is an uncommon problem i can recreate the situation in a dummy form and send that. Thanks to anyone who reads and thinks they can help!

5 Replies

Level 5

You have to use presence = "hidden";

I would prefer to script in the prePrint-event to hide the object.

objectname.presence = "hidden";

And in the postPrint:

objectname.presence = "visible";

I think -print is the same as "invisible. And "invisible" needs space. Only "hidden" don't need space and the following objects are sliding above.

Kind regards Mandy

Level 5

Please give me a feedback if it's helpfull and works?

Kind regards Mandy

Level 2

hi Mandy, I'm back at work today and it doesnt seem to be solving my problems. i'm replacing "objectname" with the name of the object, in this case my fields are in tables so im using the parent object, or row name,  to add the events, but i did try it by child and subform and that didnt do it either. only thing that actually changes the visibilty is the presence: drop down box in the Object tool box, but you are suggesting not to touch those settings at all right? what could i be doing wrong?snip.PNG

Level 2

I was able to figure it out. I made each row object invisible from the Initialize event then visible at Preprint then when you open the print dialoge box the rows reappear behind it before you print. thanks for your help, i wouldnt have gotten to this conclusion without your clues!