Expand my Community achievements bar.

Vertical alignment is middle regardless of setting

Level 1

Running LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2 and Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 on Windows 7.

I'm designing a form with many text fields.  Most of them work great.  However, I several text fields--some standalone, some table cells--where the vertical alignment of the user-entered value always shows as middle. 

For example, this text field has the vertical alignment set to bottom, using the paragraph pallette:

alignment_sample.PNG

This is the same field with the alignment set to top:

alignment_sample.PNG

And this is the same field again, with the alignment set to middle:

alignment_sample.PNG

You will notice that they all look the same--always middle.  I'm able to set the caption alignment fine, and I'm aware of the way to distinguish between adjusting the caption and value properties in the paragraph pallette. 

I can't determine any pattern as to why some of my text fields align fine according to the settings I specify, and some of them are always, always middle-aligned. 

Are there any other settings or conditions which may be overriding my alignment settings for these specific fields? 

It first started happening with table cells, so I assumed some table setting was causing the problem (although I never found it). Once standalone text fields started doing it too, though, I was extra stumped. 

I am able to adjust all the horitzonal alignment settings fine.  I have tried deleting the offending cells and starting from scratch, but it hasn't helped.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Marybeth

0 Replies