Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Using xpath-expressions inside Task Instructions

Level 8
Level 8

Hi all,

I have a process where I would like to build up the task Instructions in a string variable. However I cannot seem to resolve xpath values when I am putting my string as the task instruction.

How can I do this?

Thanks in advance

Sincerely

Kim Christensen

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

What Marcel is saying is that it's easier to user the 'Template' option instead of a variable since you can type your text like a normal sentence with xPath expression embededd into it.

If you use a setValue and set a string, you need to concatenate the strings together using an expression like concat('Here are some instructions for',/process_data/myOtherVar, 'please follow them.').

Jasmin

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee

Kim,

You should be able to use the following notation:

Here are some instructions for {$/process_data/myvariable$}, please follow them.

Marcel

Level 8
Level 8

Hi again Marcel - thanks for your quick reply

However I am not sure I und erstand your answer correctly.

I have a string variable (str_Inctructions) that I want to set as my Task Instruction.

So at a point in my process I create a set value with an expression like this:

str_Instructions = 'Here are some instructions for {$/process_data/myOtherVar$} please follow them.'

I then set str_Instructions as the Task Instructions (an xpath-expression). When I get the Task in Workspace I see the {$/process_data/myOthervariable$} instead of the value of myOtherVar.

So how can I get the value of myOtherVar?

Level 2

Hi,

Please make sure that you have selected the task instruction type from literal to variable. It is a drop down on the right hand side.

Regards,

Waqas

Level 2

Hi,

Please make sure that you have selected the task instruction type from literal to variable. It is a drop down on the right hand side.

And you can use the concatenation function in your setValue

str_Instructions = concat('Here are some instructions for ',/process_data/myOtherVar, 'please follow them.')

Or place the

'Here are some instructions for {$/process_data/myOtherVar$} please follow them.' in the task instruction and mark the instruction type as template.

Regards,

Waqas

Correct answer by
Level 10

What Marcel is saying is that it's easier to user the 'Template' option instead of a variable since you can type your text like a normal sentence with xPath expression embededd into it.

If you use a setValue and set a string, you need to concatenate the strings together using an expression like concat('Here are some instructions for',/process_data/myOtherVar, 'please follow them.').

Jasmin

Level 8
Level 8

Hi again all,

This works fine - I was just not aware that I needed top use the concat function to do gain this functionality.

Thanks a lot

Sincerely

Kim Christensen