Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

using the button to add a row above instead of below

Level 1

I am trying to create a table that will allow a user to hit a "button" and instead of the row being added to the bottom, I want it to be added to the top.

1313114_pastedImage_0.png

to this

1313115_pastedImage_1.png

I can get it to work only if the new row is added to the bottom. But this table sits at the bottom of the page, so I want it to build up.  I would appreciate any help at all.

Thank you!

Kitty

9 Replies

Level 10

Hi Kitty,

To add a row to the bottom, you probably have something like;

this.resolveNode('Table1._Row1').addInstance(true);

You just need to change the addInstance() to inserInstance(0, true), zero being the position to insert the row at.

this.resolveNode('Table1._Row1').insertInstance(0, true);

Regards

Bruce

Level 1

Not Exactly, I have:

this.resolveNode('RevTable._Row1').addInstance(1);

if (xfa.host.version < 8) {

xfa.form.recalculate(1);

Ok getting closer. I used your suggestion above.

It added it to the top, but it moved everything down so the bottom row is now over top the footer.

so from this

1316346_pastedImage_2.png

to this

1316347_pastedImage_3.png

My goal is to have the table in the "rev level" column to show c,b, rev level.

Once I add even more rows the "b" row is now off the page.

Thank you,

Kitty

Level 7

If your row is going over your footer, you might need to make the table break over pages or adjust your content area.

Level 1

Thank you but, it needs to be on one page.

Level 10

Hi Kitty,

So what is meant to happen with the rows that no longer fit on the page?

Bruce

Level 1

I want the new blank rows to build up.

1317716_pastedImage_2.png

1317702_pastedImage_0.png

Kind of like this. I want the new blank row to go on top of the old row without the whole table moving down.(Newest on top).

That bottom row that has the text rev level is at the bottom of the page. 

Does this make sense?

Kitty

Level 7

Hi

How about trying to add the instance to the top as suggested before and then in the same event code change the Y position of the top of the table.

So as the table gets longer by a row height, the table Y position moves up by the same row height effectively looking like the bottom of the table stays where it is.

For example

//2in is the Y value of 2 inches

//use a variable to capture it's current position and calculate a new y value for it when the button is clicked.

Table1.y = "2in"; //javascript set Y position

Table1.y = "2in" //FormCalc set Y position

I found in my tests that this code by default returned a mm position eg: 69.85mm which meant i couldnt subtract the row height from it because of the text "mm"

If you can figure out how to get just the raw number Y value, make the calculation and give the table the new Y value, this might do what you are after.

Level 1

Forgive a stupid question be where would I enter this?

Level 7

It would be in the button which adds a new row