Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Using radio buttons to set the value of a hidden field (For dummies)

Level 1

I made 8 groups of 4 radio buttons on to a table and put values on all of them. I just want an area on the form (not visible to the customer) that will tally up all the values.

I do not have any experience creating any kind of scripts. I just learned how to make a Form on Adobe LiveCycle Designer by designing it but have no idea how to use the XML Source page.

I got as far as making this (which could be all wrong):

Sum(form1.page1.subform1.Answer1,form1.page1.subform2.Answer2,form1.page1.subform3.Answer4,form1.page5.subform1.Answer5,form1.page1.subform6.Answer6,form1.page1.subform7.Answer7,form1.page1.subform8.Answer8)

But I don't know how and where to put the script once its been made.I also don't know how to upload attachments on onto this forum. Any help would be appreciated!

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi, The script looks ok, you should put it in the calculate event of the hidden field, select the field if you don't see the script editor press ctrl-shift-F5 select calculate and check the langauge is FormCalc.

Good luck

Bruce