Expand my Community achievements bar.

Using multiple fragments causes Adobe LC workbench/designer to crash

Level 8

Sometimes Adobe LiveCycle Designer crashes or it will give the error below:

There is a problem with Adobe Acrobat/Reader.

If it is running, please exit and try again. (10:10)

1461601_pastedImage_0.png

I have recorded a screen session to show when is it most likely the error will trigger.

Following are the most probably steps that will cause the error to trigger (based on my observation):

1. Open Workbench

2. Use a form that has multiple nested fragments

3. Using designer, open the main form, and open one of the nested fragments

4. Edit the fragment, save, and try to preview the the container form

5. Repeat step 4 above, after 2-3 times, it will report the error above, and/or the designer will crash.

The error will be resolved only and only after you close Workbench and open it back to try again. If you close the designer only, the error won't be resolved.

This is becoming a very annoying issue, especially after increased use of fragment and nested fragments. I need help to resolve this issue.

In the past, it used to happen once or twice per day. Now it is almost 5-7 times per day.

Tarek

3 Replies

Level 8

I will be monitoring when the error will trigger, and try to find the circumstances that will reduce the chances of the error triggering, and I will be posting my observations....

As per my testing today, I was trying to monitor Adobe LC Designer and Workbench using ProcessExplorer Windows Tool, and I noticed that when I am monitoring the process, the error will most likely not trigger at all, unless this was a coincidence.

Tarek

Level 8

Following the steps here:

Error (10:10)

I will post what steps done to try resolve this problem:

1. Remove Adobe Reader DC and Keep Adobe Acrobat DC
  2. Used Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs  to clean Reader
  3. Repaired Adobe Acrobat DC

The above may have helped to reduce the number of times the error will be triggered, but not 100% sure. The error still occurs several times per day, especially when I open the fragment and the container (main) form, update the fragment (save) and try to preview the main form.

Next step I will remove/clear Acrobat DC, and reinstall it, hopefully this will make a difference.

Tarek

Level 8

As I am working with designer/workbench (even with designer alone) with other team members and working with different forms on different PCs, the following conditions clearly increase the chances of crashes/errors  "There is a problem with Adobe Acrobat/Reader...." .

The errors will more likely trigger if:

1. The form is larger

2. Has more form (visual) fragments, nested fragments and script objects

When the form is relatively smaller, with less number of fragments/nested fragments, then it is pretty acceptable, but eventually, the errors will trigger.

Tarek

CC:

BR001