Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Using a Master Page as a cover page

Level 5

I have created a master page and subform page (named CoverPage) to act as a typical cover page of a 3 page document.

Hierarchy.JPG

FIGURE 1

Wide View.JPG

The "CoverPage" subform is "hidden" from layout until the "pre-sign" event of the signature field fires. On the "pre-sign" event of the signature field I have the script:

form1.CoverPage.CoverPage. = "visible";

All is well here and the Cover Page will appear as scripted. However I need the "THIS PAGE INTIONALLY BLANK" on the CoverPage (as seen above Fig 1 & 2) to disappear when this "pre-sign" event fires. No amount of scripting seems to be able to delete or hide this text field, and the text ends up overlaying what is on the "CoverPage".

FIGURE 2

I have tried:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/designerHelp/index.htm?conte nt=000796.html

Reference_Syntax.removeInstance( INTEGER param )

form1.CoverPage.Blank.removeInstance(0);

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/designerHelp/index.htm?content=001329.html

ListBox1.deleteItem(ListBox1.selectedIndex);

Blank.deleteItem(Blank[0]);

None of these methods are working to hide the field. Does anyone have a better method working method to share? Below (Fig. 3) is the final look I would like if the "THIS PAGE INTEIONALLY BLANK" were to hide or be deleted correctly.

FIGURE 3Final Look.JPG

3 Replies

Level 6

Hi, you can achieve this without using masterpages.  Why not just make the coverpage a seperate page within the main doc, and hide/reveal it as needed?

Questions:

1. How are you placing "The page intentionally left blank..." on the form? Is that a "text object" or text field? Is the object named "Blank"?

2. Were are the "actual" components that make up the coverpage...ie.Disclosure Report Transmittal Coversheet?

3. Prior to the "pre-sign event, I presume "this page intentionally" left blank is visible?

4. As far as the form workflow... you have users complete pages 1 -3 or 4, then just before they are about to sign the doc on the last pafe, a coverpage is revealed which requires info, so they then have to scroll back to the top?

5. What happens after the form is signed?

I'd like to help you with this, and by answering the above questions it will give me a better idea of how your form is currently set up, and what can be done to make it more effcient.

Level 5

SI,

Thank you for your reply. In response to your questions.

I used a Master Page because I do not want the same Master Page formatting I have for the remainder of the document, such as a company logo, header and footer. If there is a way to achieve a clean Cover Page (i.e. no logos, footers, headers)  without  installing a differing MP from the MP used in the remainder of document I am not aware of it.

1. The text you see in grey ["This Page Intentionally..." ] of Figure 1 Page 1 is a text field or object is named "Blank" under MP>CP.

2. The componenets of the transmittal sheet are on the "CoverPage" in the hierachy directly proceeding Page 1. For clarity I should have labeled the MP CP and subform CP differently.

3. Yes that object is left visible until preSign.

4. No they don't have to scroll to the top, because all data on the cover sheet comes from fields page 2 and beyond (not shown in examples above). The cover page is data bound to fields later in the document. Some of the Cover Page Transmittal Sheet has been altered to remove names and companies.

5. After preSign what is supposed to happen in the "Disclosure Transmittal Sheet" appears (which it does) and the text field "Blank" aka "This Page Is Inentionally Blank" should be hidden, which it does not. I'd settle for deleted if I could get the script to work for that.

Here is how the page currently acts. You can see the "This Page Intionally Blank" is still visible after preSign with the other fields of the Cover Page.

Current Page Look.JPG

Level 6

Have you tried writting a script that points directly to the object in the master page (i.e. form1.MP.CoverPage.Blank.presence = "hidden;

However, the way i probably would have set up for form (which can be done variosu ways) is to move the Blank object text to the same page as the CoverPage. The cover page content, however, would be contained in a Subform (for example: CP_Content) with an initial presenceof "invisible" or "hidden".  Then on the preSign event, simply make the CP_Conetent subform "visible" and make the Blank object "invisible" or "hidden".

Right now, you are using 2 additional  Master pages (Page1 and MetricsPage3) which I presume are blank. In my example, you would only have one blank Masterpage (the default) which all pages would share (unless there is a specific need to have separate Master pages  - i.e. differnt margin, header content, etc). The hierachy would have the CoverPage with CP_Content subform (comprised of fields, logo, etc), and the Blank object.  It will also have the otehr remaining pages.