Expand my Community achievements bar.

User PDF field entries erased when form is edited in Livecycle

Level 1

I may know what the answer to this is but...   I have been using Livecycle to develop some simple quarterly pricing forms.  I am populating the form fields with their relevant data (e.g. pricing, description, part number, etc.) in the PDF.  While I'm populating the PDF I will realize that I've made a mistake within the form structure.  I have used the PDF Preview in Livecycle but honestly some little details slip through the cracks.  I also have a boss that wants me to make changes with every submission. 

Here's the question, is there a way to keep the user input field data on the PDF from disappearing when I go back in to edit the form structure in Livecycle?  I hope somebody has an answer.  Otherwise, I'm going to have to build them as an Acroform.  Thanks for your time.

2 Replies

Level 10

No, the initial template of your form is what Livecycle read and save, all the new data inserted by any other app is not considered as being part of the form.

Level 1

Thanks for the reply.  That's what I thought.  I would just use standard text objects versus text fields when designing but the boss wants to be able make changes.  Thanks again.