Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

URL of the document generated by AssemblerService

Level 2

Hi, i have a question, I am trying to get the URL of the document that is generated by Assembler Service after stitching pdf's.

Sharepoint is consuming the LiveCycle assembler service to Stitch pdf's. Right now, i am returning the base64 encoded string of the output PDF. If i can get the URL of the document that is saved in the temp location, i can return the URL instead of the base64 string. Can someone help me with the solution?

ServiceSnapshot.jpg

Thank you,

Sandeep.

4 Replies

Former Community Member

To be able to returna URL you will have to write to Content Services or SharePoint or some other permanent store. You can not return the URL for the temp location as it may not be there when the user returns to get it.

Paul

Level 2

Paul, Thanks for your reply.

Here is the actual scenario,

The URL that i send to Sharepoint will be read right after the LiveCycle service is executed. This URL is not used as a link in a sharepoint site where users will click to view the PDF at a later point. The only reason i want to send the URL is to reduce the execution time of the LC Service.

Once sharepoint gets the URL of the assembled document (which is in temp), they use some sort of file reader to get the file into their library.

Is this something possible?

Former Community Member

You do not want to send the URL ....as I said earlier that file is written to temp storage and you cannot guarantee that it will be there

when the other program comes to read it. In either case you will have to pass the file contents across the wire so it will take time ....I woudl stick with streaming the file across like you are doing now .....or have LC write the file into SP from the orchestration (this requires the SP connector).

Paul

Level 2

Thanks, Paul.

As passing URL is not possible, Can you please help me with a solution for the below?

I am dynamically creating DDX based on the input URLs from sharepoint, where input docURL is a comma separated URL's string (URL of the pdf's in Sharepoint Library).

DDX_Create.jpg

DDX created this way works fine when Sharepoint sends me the URLs, and the service returns the stitched PDF succesfully.

Now, i want to stitch a PDF that i generate in LiveCycle using RenderPDFService along with the bunch of URL's that Sharepoint sends me. This is one of the reasons that i wanted to get the URL of the document that is generated within LiveCycle. Now that getting a URL is not an option,

DDX_XML.jpg

Can you help me with a solution to implementing this scenario?

Thank you,

Sandeep Goli