So we're developing this enterprise LCCS app and the max concurrent connections error kept coming up, so I upgraded to the commercial account so we could more than have 5 sessions going. Which was fine, until a few days later, when I got this error:
So I thought, okay fine, I'll check the usage for the app, maybe I didn't assign enough money to the monthly limit. This is what the developer portal showed me:
I tried re-installing the Navigator SDK Viewer, thinking maybe I need a new one for a commercial account? The download is the same, and re-installing it didn't do anything. So I'm thinking it's a problem with my account?
How can I be over the monthly limit with 13 concurrent users, and under the moneys alocated to the app?
THIS IS A MAJOR PROBLEM. We are launching an alpha demo of this product within 48 hours, and all development has stopped, as hosts and users get booted out of rooms whenever this message pops up, and our software does not work reliably anymore.
Please help ASAP. You can reach me by phone at 705-352-1020 or by email at email@example.com
Thanks for getting back to us Nigel. I just tried the app again, without launching the Room Console. If it were solely a Room Console bug, it might not come up. I ran the app even back several versions, and some weird things are still happening. I also tried nuking the SDK Navigator/Room Console air app and reinstalling it, but it still happens.
The way the app did work is this:
• The CSR logs into three rooms simultaneously: prelobby, lobby and their own private room. I was getting some MessageItem sync problems doing this from one authentication session early on (not related to this issue), so I have the CSR log into three rooms, three sessions, each with thier own AdobeHSAuthenticator object.
• The prelobby room has a CollectionNode that is set by the CSR app which the Customer app "binds" to, allowing them to see whether a CSR is online or not. Later, we'll move the setting of this shared object to a server-side script, so the CSR won't have to log into the pre-lobby.
• The lobby room is to keep track of which customers have requested to start a session with a CSR. When the user wants to connect with a CSR, they click on the green image, and the customer app logs them out of the prelobby and into the lobbyb. The middle list in the CSR prototype app shows which users are logged into the lobby, in reverse order of arrival.
• The CSR then selects a customer from the lobby list and clicks the connect button below. The CSR app then sends a private MessageItem through a CollectionNode in the lobby to the customer app, containing the room name of the CSR's private room. The Customer app receives the private message, then logs themselves out of the lobby and into the CSR room.
• The CSR may then terminates the room session by clicking 'End Session", which sets the room state to ROOM_STATE_ENDED, thereby ejecting the customer from the room. The customer app senses the disconnect, and logs themselves back into the prelobby.
This has worked, I have seen it work, flawlessly. But as soon as the Room Console reports that weird error, the connections go squirrely.
I thought it might be that the room state is getting "stuck", thereby ejecting the user as soon as they try to log into the room, but even after I roll back to a previous version without the "end session" feature, customers are still getting booted out of the csr room. And sometimes the csr room list will not show that the csr is logged into their own room, or the list will not show that the csr and the customer is logged into the csr room, when they clearly are.
Even when the console is not launched, some weird things are happening. I tried it again just now, with the Navigator/Room Console air app not running, and after running both apps a few times, now even customer apps cannot log into the lccs service as guest, it just hangs... which has never happened before now.
It would be helpful to know whether it is the Room Console air app or the account setting, which would then enable you to issue a fix for the console or something. Or even, if I'm doing something funky and undocumented with my app that I don't know about which may be inadvertently causing this. Bottom line that error should not be coming up, so even if it is my app for some weird reason, the console should not be telling me that the account limit has been reached and start booting users and causing funky connection issues.
Would it help if I send you the code that we're working with? I can't post the link on this open forum, do you have an email I could send it to?