Expand my Community achievements bar.

Upgrade Livecycle Designer ES4

Level 1

According to this KB, I should be eligible to upgrade to ES4

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/upgrade-livecycle-designer-acrobat-xi.html

However, I don't receive no matter how I chat to the support here.

The first chat. Case ID: 0223514446

silver silver: Hi, according to the web page below: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/upgrade-livecycle-designer-acrobat-xi.html

Ashish: Hello! Welcome to Adobe support.

Ashish: How are you doing today?

silver silver: I think I am eligible to claim for the upgrade license of Adobe Livecycle Designer

silver silver: because I have both Acrobat X and DC perpetual license

Ashish: May I have the serial key to check and help you with that.

silver silver: Yes,

silver silver: Acrobat X Pro serial: ********

silver silver: Acrobat DC Pro serial: **********

Ashish: Thank you let me check this in a meanwhile may I have your phone number for your adobe account updation.

silver silver: Yes,******************

silver silver: But, please don't contact me by phone

Ashish: Sure

Ashish: We appreciate your patience and apologize for the wait.

Ashish: I am going through the upgrade license policy please allow me a moment

silver silver: OK OK

Ashish: Thank you

silver silver: ??

Ashish: May I know the date of purchase

silver silver: Which one? Acrobat DC or X?

Ashish: Dc one

silver silver: 25 October 2016

Ashish: Ok, I apologize as I checked there is No upgrade policy we have please check the adobe site.

silver silver: Why?

silver silver: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/upgrade-livecycle-designer-acrobat-xi.html

silver silver: The following customers are eligible for a free upgrade: Acrobat Pro X (10) customers who have upgraded to any of the following newer versions Acrobat Pro XI (11) and/or Acrobat Pro DC in any licensing model/ program:

silver silver: Quoted from the website

Ashish: Ok, I am escalating this case to the back end team for upgradation you will get a  response with in 24-48 hours

silver silver: OK, response to me using email?

Ashish: Yes, via e-mail

silver silver: OK, thank you your help, bye bye

Ashish: Thank you for contacting Adobe, goodbye!

I receive such a reply below:

We have received your request that you are eligible for the upgrade license of Adobe Livecycle Designer. This mail is to inform you that we have a dedicated department to help you with your issue so we kindly request you to please contact us back by initiating a new live chat with case number 0223514446 so that we can connect you to the right department to resolve your issue.

The second chat. Case ID: 0189440370

Manasvi: Hello! Welcome to Adobe support.

Manasvi: We appreciate your patience and apologize for the wait.

Manasvi: How are you doing today

silver silver: I am responding to the case number 0223514446.

Manasvi: Please allow me 1-2 minutes to review your account details.

Manasvi: We appreciate your patience and apologize for the wait.

silver silver: ??

Manasvi: Can you please brief me wit the issue

silver silver: OK, as said in this website, I can get the upgrade of LIVE Cycle Designer (latest version should ES4). https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/upgrade-livecycle-designer-acrobat-xi.html

silver silver: Acrobat Pro X (10) customers who have upgraded to any of the following newer versions Acrobat Pro XI (11) and/or Acrobat Pro DC in any licensing model/ program

silver silver: I own both Acrobat X and DC at the same time

Manasvi: aS I CAN SEE YOU HAVE AN ISSUE WITH LIVE CYCKE, RIGHT?

silver silver: Yeah, I just want a upgrade licence for Live Cycle Designer ES4

silver silver: I should be eligible according to adobe's website

silver silver: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/upgrade-livecycle-designer-acrobat-xi.html

Manasvi: I would like to inform youn that we are not supporting live cycle over live chat, you can refer to forms.adobe.com  for the issue, there our experts will revert to your quer

silver silver: Are you typing for a wrong URL: forms.adobe.com?

Manasvi: You cann refer to forums and post your query over forums and our experts will revert you

silver silver: The website address of the forums?

Manasvi: forums.adobe.com

silver silver: Will adobe representatives inside the forum and address the upgrade issue?

Manasvi: Yes,, they surely will

silver silver: OK, just end this chat and mark my issue is not resolved.

Manasvi: Thank you

Manasvi: Have a great day haead

Manasvi: I surely will

What's the problem here? Do I eligible to upgrade? If not, how do I complain to Adobe?

1 Reply

Level 10

I don't understand why the support saying so, because anyone in the forums can help you, as the this is a user to user forum. Most of the users here don't work for Adobe, so we cannot provide you any license information.

Anyway, from what I read you have two Acrobat licenses. But the initial offer for a free Designer upgrade required to upgrade an Acrobat X to a newer one, which means, that you don't have an Acrobat X license anymore but a newer one. If you instead bought a separate license of Acrobat DC you did not do an upgrade, you simply bought another license, which means you're not eligible.