Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Upgrade help and general questions...

Former Community Member

Hi all,

I was originally introduced to LiveCycle in Acrobat Pro 9 I believe.   I was thinking of upgrading, but am not show if I should or how to do it.   It seems the livecycle product is separate from now from pro.  I am mainly interested in building "live" dynamic forms for our business process and client intake.  I am not interested, at this time, with all the back end software and server element.

Questions

1.  Should I upgrade to a new version of Livecycle? - if so which one do I need? 

2.  Is it worth it over the old version I am using?  Is there an overview of the new feature sets?  I would like to implement some graphics in sheets.

3.  Can I still use my older version of Professional to enable the forms fill-able?

When I look a the livecycle products now they seem to be targeted to enterprise customers not little guys like me.  Any general advice?  Is this still the best prodcut for me?

Thanks in advnace to any/all help.

Tom

2 Replies

Level 8

Questions

1.  Should I upgrade to a new version of Livecycle? - if so which one do I need? 

It is best to stay with the current releases as fixes will have been applied and new features added.  LiveCycle Designer ES4 is the most current and you can download a trial to see if it meets your needs.

2.  Is it worth it over the old version I am using?  Is there an overview of the new feature sets?  I would like to implement some graphics in sheets.

http://www.adobe.com/ca/products/livecycle/tools/designer.html

3.  Can I still use my older version of Professional to enable the forms fill-able?

You can certainly continue to the Designer you currently have in your possession.